Author Topic: Do they not realise?  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Ally B

Do they not realise?
« on: May 18, 2016, 15:05:45 PM »
Had a very, very, very slow walk into Fethiye today and was very impressed the way they have done up the prom. We tried three restaurants/ cafe's to have a cup of coffee. After waiting ten mins in each one we got up and left. The staff seem more interested in blethering and moving tables and chairs about than they are taking orders.It was not as if they were busy,in fact it was very quiet. They don't seem to realise not so many people are coming this year and they might not have a job at the end of it.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Do they not realise?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 17:12:14 PM »
Thats not good for business. Compacency doesn't bring the Lira in. :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 19:46:36 PM »
Neither does complacency.  ;)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 20:17:48 PM »
Have just read Scunners post on his Holiday highlights and I must agree on the drop in standards in some restaurants. We experienced this in several restaurants in Calis that we use every visit namely Gunisik,  Serkul2  Cadde (new to us) and the Mulberry in Fethiye. What amazes me is they all complain about lack of customers this year yet when customers do visit the premises they would rather talk or play on their phones. The lackadaisical attitude of some waiters and even some owners is unbelievable. It is a short season and you would think they would want to make as much money as possible. We will go back to the ones I have mentioned next year maybe out of habit but if we had been first timers they would never see us again. We first went to Turkey some thirty years ago and the difference in service between then and now is like night and day. I just hope that they get their act together for next year,after all we dont HAVE to go to Turkey.That is if they still have jobs.

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 21:03:20 PM »
Lack of service at many of the restaurants along the Fethiye 'new' prom seems to have been a problem for a few weeks now. Not many customers so no need to do much? I don't know what the reason is but wonder if the waiters are owed money......if so, maybe they don't care so much towards the end of season. Quite a transient working population here so they would not be thinking of jobs for next year just yet, necessarily.

Offline sq291073

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »
I have just come back from a month in Turkey, 2 weeks in Turgutreis and 2 weeks in Calis for my 11th holiday there,  and whilst in Calis we ate in many restaurants including Gunisik, Meeting Point, Serkul 2, George's, and Charcoal Palace to name but a few and we never encountered any problems with poor service etc, in no way would I dispute others who have had problems as I know it happens, however we never had any issues with service this year, maybe we were lucky I don't know

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline bells

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 14:38:21 PM »
We have just come back from 3 weeks in Calis.  The service in CafĂ© Inn, Mangals, Meeting Point, Mama Bellas was fine as always.  I was a little surprised at the service in Mandolin, which we have been to on several occasions and has always been good.  On this occasion we had to look for a waiter for service and there was only three other tables being used.  The food was good, but the services was poor.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 14:55:10 PM »
We are here after one month and have used Bella Mama's, Georges, Meeting Point, The Nil Bar, The Calis Beach Restaurant.  Also the new restaurant that used to be the Roka, Cafe Inn and all have given us great service. No complaints at all. 
We used The Mattise, Cafe Cafe, The Yacht Classic and the Mozaik Bahce in Fethiye and the first two we had no problems the Bahce service was very slow and the one waiter at lunch time did not seem to want to bother, he was outside on his phone a lot of the time. 
Also used The Istanbul in Kaya and the Reef in Hisaronu, good service in both of them .
So, in one month only one place with bad service.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 16:19:39 PM »
We ate at The Oben. Gunisik. Mekan. Bella Mammas. Beach House and Bamboo... Had good service in all of them..

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 18:41:12 PM »
Matisse didn't bother to come pick up a party of us a fortnight ago,  Needless to say they lost our business that evening

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf