Author Topic: What a load of bull.....  (Read 5407 times)

Offline philrose

Re: What a load of bull.....
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 10:25:23 AM »
I know "who supposed to have" said it but since I didn't hear him say it I couldn't possibly comment... :)

Offline philrose

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 10:30:36 AM »
Anyway on a slightly more serious note...

It seems to me that Café Pazar has been taking a bit of a bashing recently, not just on this forum but on other social media as well. So I thought I’d adjust the balance with a few of my own observations.
Firstly let me say I have known Cenap and Cathy for more than ten years and we are good friends so yes my observations are going to be biased!
Historically Café Pazar was the first bar/café in the area, in what has around nine similar venues. Originally located what is now Café Inn they moved into the current larger premises about four years ago.
In ten years and more they have not only provided food and drink to thousands of people and have  kept us going through the long winter months with themed food evenings, live bands quizzes etc.  They also provide transport hire, transfers and the occasional organised trip.
However many people may not know of the additional functions that Cenap and Cathy have performed over the years (and all free of charge I may add).
The sorting out customers plumbing, electric, telephone, tax, rental and other sundry problems that everyone seems to run into from time to time.
Or helping out people who have, or who have a family member suddenly taken ill and require medical treatment organising the hospital and all the associated hand holding and translation that goes along with it.
Or providing translation and hand holding, in the middle of the night for a customer whose partner had sadly passed away.  As an aside they have done this on more than one occasion and also organised all the subsequent funeral arrangements.
Anyway that’s my little rant over. I’d just like to add that yes there have been a few problems with staffing combined with the moving on of some very popular staff members to new pastures, but hopefully that has been resolved. So the Café, hopefully  like the Windmill Theatre, will never close!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »
I think I've been there three times in my entire life (two were since moving back to UK) and I thought it was a bit ex patty but plenty nice enough. Cathy seemed very helpful and they had sausage rolls for a lira each which were all eaten by Toky and me.

However, in regard to the topic, I can inform that there's no better way to spread a rumour than to try and quash it...the more public the better. 

Offline philrose

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
Agreed they can be a  bit ex patty (is that actually a word? :)) especially in the daytime but interestingly most nights there a quite often as many if not more Turkish customers...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 11:10:57 AM »
Agreed they can be a  bit ex patty (is that actually a word?  :))

It is now :D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
Perhaps Cafe Pazar started the rumour so that it would be packed out for their Closing Night and then, next day, there would be a Grand Opening for the New Cafe Pazar. Clever entrepreneurialism?

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »
The sausage rolls were fab!  :D. I was always impressed at their hospitality, allowing free oversea phone calls to all and sundry, and free use of their computers. I like Cafe Pazar's outdoor area and always stop for a cold drink when we've been to the market.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
And drag innocent teetotal passers by in

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »