Author Topic: Georges in Calis  (Read 10326 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Georges in Calis
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 21:02:48 PM »
It's not a regular haunt but we've always enjoyed our food there. Service was efficient, not over the top but no complaints. We'll be back no doubt!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 21:26:37 PM »
We used George's a lot when we lived over there, mainly because George himself was/is a lovely guy and a good friend. I would say it is a good restaurant - unremarkable, but good.

Yes even after he retired and then had a heart attack and  then an operation and then stomach trouble, he is always there every night and has a word with everyone.  His wife is in the booth making the puffy bread and of course the one boy is behind the bar and the other in the restaurant.   We have had two visits in the last week and met two members there who recognised me.  Both enjoyed their meals. Bluwise was one lady I met along with her husband.  Lovely to meet her at last.  The other was a new member and nice to meet him too. We will be back next week.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 00:19:40 AM »

No good trying that Madbaz, it is cash only in Georges.

Des, We love our Granddaughter, but we do not want to be on holiday with lots of children,  we do not know and love. We have had all the holidays with our own children over the years, so been there and done than.  We now want children free holidays, adult holidays, which is why we come at the time of the year we do.     ;)

Maybe try the new adult only hotel being built next to the Sensatori then. Should be kid free for you!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf