Author Topic: garden watering system  (Read 3223 times)

Offline jacques

garden watering system
« on: February 20, 2010, 22:02:41 PM »
Hi!
I would like to intall an automatic watering system in my garden, do you know a point of sale in Fethiye?
Thank you for your help
Jacques

Offline Pattimac

garden watering system
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »
I would be quite interested in this too. Do you think the B & Q in Fethiye might have garden irrigation products in stock

Offline jacques

garden watering system
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 20:43:19 PM »
Hi !
I don't know it's the reason why about my question? I' am looking from somebody who installed such system in its garden! I hope that such system is utilised by foreign resident in Fethiye...if I could get any address?
Thanks a lot/B.Regards

Offline Lucinda

garden watering system
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 19:35:29 PM »
Karaculha is the place. There are a number of firms selling irrigation systems. Anadolu Sulama,on the right as you go in is one of the big stores. Make sure you get several quotes as 'tourist price' is not unheard of.

Offline jacques

garden watering system
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 21:17:55 PM »
Hi Lucinda!
Thanks a lot for your answer and warning too...now I will be prudent like two men by asking price!!! but again thanks for addres.By the way did you experimented this firm? what is the result as price and performance of the irrigation system?
Have a nice day/Jacques

Offline Lucinda

garden watering system
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:12:25 AM »
No,I haven't used an automatic system although it only needs a water computer of some kind on the tap. I purchased all the bits, sprinklers, drips and feeder, microbore and drip hose and made my own system. Really easy and very affordable. Available in most of the shops marked either 'Sulama' or 'Tarim' Just draw a diagram of the garden with sizes and position of water supply etc. and the shop people will work out what you need.

With a bit more thought I,m sure a pop-up system is quite as easy as a DIY. If you need any more info just message me.

Offline jacques

garden watering system
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 20:06:30 PM »
Hi Lucinda!
Thank you very much for your reply and advice, at the time of intallation if I am blocked I will return to you!
Have a nice day/rgds
Jacques

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
garden watering system
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
Hozelock do a system in the uk,battery powered with a timer check out their web site ideal for smallish gardens any thing larger check out golf course suppiers for fully plumbed in job with pop up sprinklers. I have the hozelock system in uk works fine and very small control unit even fit in hand luggage.

Offline jacques

garden watering system
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 19:11:41 PM »
Hi C1
Thank you for you kind answer I have still one month before installing the system but after looking on hozerloch web their products dont meet the system I am thinking for! Lucinda gave me an precious advice and and will follow it.
Have a nice day/rgds/Jacques

Offline Alan Keating

garden watering system
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 20:51:02 PM »
For those wishing to keep the cost down, do consider using a basic hose and put simple small holes along it's lenght. The spacings will vary with hole size and pressure, try every two/three foot or so. If after a time, you do find you need more, just cut more to suit. 8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 20:44:05 PM by Alan Keating »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf