Author Topic: Import Permit for Pets coming from UK  (Read 4184 times)

Offline maggie machin

Import Permit for Pets coming from UK
« on: April 03, 2006, 18:15:10 PM »
I wonder if anyone out there can help me with a slight problem!  I have two dogs and one cat waiting to fly out from the UK to Dalaman.  They all have their Pet Passports, up to date and ready to go.  The kennels dealing with all the arrangements have just telephoned to say that I need an Import Permit, issued from Ankara, to meet the animals at the airport on their arrival.  There does not seem to be a telephone no. or email address for this office, only a postal address. Has anyone had any dealings with the Dept. of Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Akay cad 3, Bakanlikar, Ankara.

Also, there seems to be some confusion as to whether or not my husband may have to accompany them, as guardian of one dog, as in some cases I am only allowed to bring in one dog and one cat!!!  Has anyone got any experience or knowledge relating to any of the above, as I am now starting to freak out that my poor animals will be turned back at Dalaman.  Help please......   Maggie Machin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:45:36 AM by maggie machin »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 19:08:49 PM »
The rules state that each adult is only allowed to bring in one dog or cat and they must accompany them on the flight to avoid the need for an Import Licence.

However, you may be able to find someone on this forum that's on the same flight as you, and if so they could take responsibility for one of the animals. You don't have to be the owner of the animal, to be responsible for it.

You will here that some people know someone who got away with bringing 2 or 3 animals through with out any problems. Do you want to take the chance that you'll be the one that gets caught?

Offline maggie machin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 21:28:05 PM »
Thanks KayaKoyuOldBoy.  I will try to find out if anyone is coming out on the same flight.

The flight is from Bristol on 4th May, at 14.15. The flight no. is TOM3051. Arrival time in Dalaman is 20.20.

If anyone should be coming over on this flight that could possibly act as "guardian" to one of my animals I would be forever grateful.  Just give me a shout on this website and we can liase about meeting my husband, time and place to meet, chat, etc. More than one person would be even better if a couple are coming as there are two dogs and one cat hopefully on the flight!!  Any offers gratefully received.  Cheers.  Maggie Machin

Offline maggie machin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 22:38:30 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention, I would of course be prepared to make some sort of monetary contribution to anyone who could help in this matter.  I realise that if I had to get two extra people to travel it would be far more expensive.  Cheers if you can help.   Maggie Machin

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 15:22:28 PM »
Just out of interest how much is it costing to bring one of the dogs as we are also bringing over a dog next April. Is any airline better that others?

Fi

Offline teresa321

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 18:04:35 PM »
We have been quoted between £800 and £1000 for 2 dogs but it depends on their size.  We are also using Thomsons as mentioned above but I beleive My Travel are good and also Turkish airlines was recommended.

Does anyone know how Maggie got on now this has resurfaced?

Offline saoirse

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 17:35:48 PM »
Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring a pet rabbit into Turkey?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 17:45:16 PM »
Why the hell would you want to bring a rabbit to Turkey.
In 1859 Brits took rabbits to Australia, look what`s happened there, they`re over-run with the bloody things.

Crabbit

Offline saoirse

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 17:48:14 PM »
Cos hes my pet

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 18:04:20 PM »
I take it that you love your pet.
Do you really think it is fair to take it to a country where the temperature reaches 50c.

Crabbit

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf