Author Topic: multiple entry visa  (Read 2321 times)

Offline kirkb

multiple entry visa
« on: September 19, 2010, 00:53:36 AM »
I know this has been covered before, but with no definitive outcome so I thought I had better start a new thread.
We are arriving at Dalaman next Friday and have a "NEW" visa that gives multiple entry for 90 days stay in a 180 day period is this still valid.
I would rather pay another £10 on the way in than have the hassle/expense on the way out. It will be 122 days from when our visa was issued to when we leave Turkey and our total stay will have been 34 days

Offline Julesp

multiple entry visa
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:57 AM »
Buy a new visa when you arrive

Offline mrkeith

multiple entry visa
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:05:50 AM »
It is still the old rules nothing has changed its a 90 day mutiple entry visa, the old stamos have/are been fazed out ready for when the new rules come in

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
multiple entry visa
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 00:58:16 AM »
Julesp and mrkeith what are you basing your info on[?] I came in on Friday and my 10 quid visa is for 180 days with  maximum cumulative stays of 90 days with an unspecified number of entries/exits. This agrees exactly with what kirkb is saying.

Offline mrkeith

multiple entry visa
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:45:55 AM »
It has always been an unspecified number of enrty/exits which ever visa stamp you have.
I am basing my view on the fact that new entry and exit laws have been postponed and no new start date has been officialy announced that I know of. So on that basis the only thing that is different is the wording on the stamp which is not applicable as the ruling is not in place to my mind, though the old stamps have been phased out in preperation.

Offline IanK

multiple entry visa
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 13:23:23 PM »
We were over a couple of weeks ago and elected to buy new visas rather than rely on the 90 in 180 visas that we had from May - we had heard a few people have had trouble exiting after the 90 day period.

I did notice that the new visas are also 90 in 180 though !

Ian
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 13:25:15 PM by IanK »

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
multiple entry visa
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 18:21:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by IanK

We were over a couple of weeks ago and elected to buy new visas rather than rely on the 90 in 180 visas that we had from May - we had heard a few people have had trouble exiting after the 90 day period.

I did notice that the new visas are also 90 in 180 though !

Ian

Snap.  We just wasn't that brave to try it and yes, we got the identical visa that we had in May....

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
multiple entry visa
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 20:02:14 PM »
Not worth the worry as far as I am concerned.
Pay £10 no worry vs Dont pay & worry you will be fined an extortionate amount on exit.

Offline Megsy

multiple entry visa
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 17:11:20 PM »
Definitely buy a new visa.  I was fined for thinking that the new visa actually meant what it said and am having to go through hoops to try and get a visa to return in 3 weeks.  I will now buy a new visa every time, however long it apparently lasts.

Offline Julesp

multiple entry visa
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 17:47:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Megsy

Definitely buy a new visa.  I was fined for thinking that the new visa actually meant what it said and am having to go through hoops to try and get a visa to return in 3 weeks.  I will now buy a new visa every time, however long it apparently lasts.

Kenkay This is what I was basing my post on, there was a thread on this not long back,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf