Author Topic: Notar  (Read 2207 times)

Offline missdanni1992

• Newly Registered
Notar
« on: June 24, 2012, 20:18:13 PM »
Just wondering if anyone had heard of/done this before? The visa police guy told me as i have 0 money at all in my bank, English or Turkish, that i could get a document from the notar which basically says my bf supports me fully? We did get this document and they charged us 30tl to literally re-write my name, address, passport no, and my bf's kimlik no. on a piece of paper saying i want to stay for a year. and 3 different people stamped it, we all know how they like to stamp everything!

Anyway i handed in my documents over a week ago and have to collect them all again on 28th but i'd never heard of anyone doing it this way before and wondered if anyone else had done it?

If not maybe it'll be useful info for someone else in future  :)

Offline janmack

Re: Notar
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 23:55:38 PM »
Not heard of it before.  I was under the impression you had to provide proof of personal finances to prove you could support yourself.  However after our last visit to renew Phil's residency last week we have come to the conclusion that required documentation is all down to the mood of the man at the desk on that day : :)  Would suggest renewing in the cooler months  ;)   Wishing you good luck missdannii

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 13:30:44 PM »
That is possible Missdanni. A friend of my did this several years ago.
Your boyfriend is giving a guarantee that he'll cover your costs of living.

Offline Merlin

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 15:59:01 PM »
I only know this works if you are married or what else would the guarantee be worth if you split?

Offline missdanni1992

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 16:49:16 PM »
Glad to hear someone else done that too  :)
thats exactly what i thought Merlin, they didnt even ask for proof that my bf earns a penny, which is weird, he could be earning nothing then how would we pay rent? :s but im not gonna argue lol

Offline missdanni1992

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 17:33:42 PM »
forgot to say that i got the visa a few weeks ago so just shows it can be done  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf