Author Topic: Not good news  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Not good news
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 17:34:53 PM »
I think the medical remains a grey area, I've heard of people joining recently without having a medical and I have pre existing requiring inhalers and get them from SGK pharmacies without a problem.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »
This is their first application and the translator they hired arranged the insurance.I also saw a post regarding insurance on the fethiye expat site stating you can get it from Renar sigorta .Their office is next to Macdonalds on the sea front in Fethiye

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »
i have just been told by my insurance aviva that they dont do health cover for the over 60 s
they said try SGK.

Offline quackers

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 06:16:40 AM »
It looks lıke a lot of Insurance companıes have latched onto thıs situatıon and are brıngıng out polıcıes to gıve Emergancy Medıcal Ins to over 60's .What ıt covers ıs not clear and not been tested yet but people are ın a no wın sıtuatıon and have to have ıt to renew or apply for resıdency. Yes ıt ıs a good ıdea to have some sort of medıcal ınsurance but some do not want ıt and wıll pay as they go.I think that Ins Companıes  sayıng no medıcal ıns ıs avaılable for over 60's to 1 hour later sayıng they can give you a polıcy for over 60's is a bıt suspıcıous.  I receıved an emaıl from UKınTurkey that they are aware that requırıng medıcal ıns and notorısed copy of passport was not a requırement for renewals and new apps and they wıll be speakıng to the Turkısh Mınıstry for guıdance. Watch thıs space. If ıt becomes a requırement so be ıt but ıt ıs not at the moment.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 19:33:50 PM »
Well after the last fiasco with SGK, we opted out and hope that medical insurance is NOT going to be a requirement for RP renewal. We are quite happy to "pay as we go" for our health care needs, SGK will not cover pre-existing conditions and neither will private health insurance, so why pay out monthly for something which may or may not be covered come the day,  and if this does become necessary we will be looking to relocate to another country.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 21:17:35 PM »
A guy who came out with one of my customers had a heart attack in Fethiye. There's little doubt he would have died without the surgery he received in Turkey. However, his total bills came to £30,000.

Are you entirely sure you are happy to "pay as you go"?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf