Author Topic: 120 day rule on residency permits  (Read 17426 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: 120 day rule on residency permits
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 19:36:23 PM »
Good luck with the trip to Rhodes. We fly home on the 27th April so we still have 3 months remaining. I hope they get it sorted one way or another as at our age we can do without the worry.

We plan to return to Fethiye on the 30th October if nothing is sorted by then we will enter on a 90 day tourist visa and apply for RP's.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 17:28:31 PM »
Went to Rhodes, came back ok. Handed in evisa and passport but he also asked for my residence permit as showing still valid. Asked why I had an evisa to so I explained the situation. He said no problem, stamped passport and away I go.  Now I am wondering though should he have stamped anything on the evisa or is the fact the date I last entered into turkey  acceptable as after the date the evisa started? Have never used one before so don't know the procedure.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 19:10:39 PM »
It'll all be on their computer system.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
Our neighbours who are in the same position as us (6 month UK/6 month Turkey) paid a visit to the British consul in Fethiye. The 120 day rule is causing a lot of problems, the consul seems to think that moves are being made to resolve the complaints.

I was talking to your neighbours last night, DonM. As you are no doubt aware, they go back to the UK on Tuesday for a few weeks - they'told me they won't even bother trying to use their residence permit on their return, they'll just get an e-visa.

Hopefully this will make their re-entry as problem-free as Hellzbellz's.... but it also makes me wonder whether it's worth showing it as it sounds as though the guy she saw would have let her in on her RP.

So unclear....  :(

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
Hellzbellz, glad to hear it all went well. Have sent you a PM.

Wordbird, According to Hellzbellz they asked for her RP aw well. So it must have shown up on the computer. Will have a word with J & T later.

Offline raff

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 09:19:53 AM »
We are still on the old style blue book residencies. We were in UK for a total of 215 days in 2014 and when we came back via Istanbul on 5th January 2015 there was no problem.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 11:08:22 AM »
In most cases you don't have to show an e-visa or RP. As soon as your passport is scanned all visa and RP details together with previous entry and exit dates are visible to the passport officer.

Makes you wonder why the UK are still struggling to introduce a similar system.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 15:06:15 PM »
Just received this http://www.yellali.com/news/article/109/update-on-residence-permit-processes from Yell Ali.

‘120 day rule’

"According to Article 33 paragraph c of Law 6458 ‘Under the following cases a short-term residence permit shall not be granted, shall be cancelled if has been issued, and shall not be renewed when:
c) [the foreigner] lived outside of Turkey for longer than one hundred and twenty days in total during the preceding year’
This rule is now being applied to both short term residence permits issued after April 2014 (new style card) and those issued prior to April 2014 (old blue book style).
If you are out of Turkey for more than 120 days in the previous 12 month period your residence permit will be cancelled on re-entry to Turkey and you must obtain either an e-Visa, or visa on arrival, to cover your stay until you wish to reapply for a residence permit.
You will be able to apply for a new residence permit immediately following cancellation of your existing one.
We have been made aware that there are inconsistencies in application of this rule dependant on the port of entry-this information has been passed to the DGMM."

If I've read it correctly our RP will be cancelled when we return in October as we will have been out of Turkey for more than 120 daqys. Entering with a 90 visa we should be able to get a RP for a year.

Don

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 16:26:43 PM »
I was allowed to get new residency today but had to pay 40TL for being a day late even though I had evisa. Apparently I should have waited for current permit to expire(which was yesterday) before getting evisa but I got mine last week and went to rhodes for day. whatever, I can now rest easy again as have new residency.

Offline philrose

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 06:51:45 AM »
What I would like to know that if you are unfortunate as to have your residency cancelled what happens if you have,
SGK
A landline
A mother vehicle
Own a property.
As I understand you need to have a RP to have any of the above.  So you could be in a position of being unable to sell your property I vehicle, and having your health cover cancelled.

Also if your RP is cancelled when you reapply are your given new kimlik numbers? Which again would have rall sorts of repercussions if you have any of the above.

It seems that once again the authorities  have totally failed to think this through.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf