Author Topic: Cement Factory Urgent help required  (Read 20644 times)

Offline peecee

Cement Factory Urgent help required
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2008, 10:50:58 AM »
Fi,
I'm a bit confused??!!  Are Urantas planning to dig a 'cavern' in the mountain to hide this factory or are they going to dig a massive hole to put it in?
Mr S, as the post was from a 'legal' person I read it 3 times and yes, I did absorb it.  I DO have a problem understanding why you seem to be taking these comments personally?  There was no 'underhand suggestion' intended. I asked what, in my humble opinion, was a fair, relevant question (to which there was no reply I might add)
So, I ask again, did any, to anyones' knowledge,  builder/construction company approach Urantas with a view to lodging objections to the proposed site?

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »
This whole thread seems to be about scaremongering and bickering about who said or did not say what to whom,
you have totally  ignored the two posts from people who have actual experience of living near cement factory's
Insulted the Turks on a regular basis with your snide comments about two tractor bribes, money talks, not cleaning out the kilns etc,
( there by revealing your total ignorance of the workings of a cement factory) Is it any wonder no one is listening to you
some of you haven't a clue as to what's going on, wont listen to any point of view other than your own, make outlandish sound bites
about death and destruction, Try working with the Turks instead of insulting them at every opportunity and learn to listen to other people's
opinions, you might actually learn something new yourselves.
I know this post will not further your cause, but neither will any thing you have had to say.

Offline mikew

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »
Well said Mike A. Has anyone taken the trouble to try & identify an alternative site that might be suitable for Urantas? Mikew

Offline elaina

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mike A

This whole thread seems to be about scaremongering and bickering about who said or did not say what to whom,
you have totally  ignored the two posts from people who have actual experience of living near cement factory's
Insulted the Turks on a regular basis with your snide comments about two tractor bribes, money talks, not cleaning out the kilns etc,
( there by revealing your total ignorance of the workings of a cement factory) Is it any wonder no one is listening to you
some of you haven't a clue as to what's going on, wont listen to any point of view other than your own, make outlandish sound bites
about death and destruction, Try working with the Turks instead of insulting them at every opportunity and learn to listen to other people's
opinions, you might actually learn something new yourselves.
I know this post will not further your cause, but neither will any thing you have had to say.

The English people in Uzumlu are trying to work with the Turks but we can't sit by and watch them destroy what is after all a beautiful village and surrounding area.  Once this factory is built it will be gone forever.  Turkey is a large country and there must be elsewhere this could be built away from the residential areas.  As you seem to feel there is no problem living in the proximity of a factory such as this perhaps you would like to purchase a property in Uzumlu after all there seems to be plenty for sale at present and you did say that you liked to come to Uzumlu to get away from the dust and heat of Fethiye in your earlier post, who knows, you may even be able to get a job working for Urantas as you seem to know a lot about the production of cement.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 13:00:21 PM by elaina »

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2008, 13:52:20 PM »
I am married to a Turk who is of the same opinion as me ,as are lots of her Turkish friends. I will repeat it. Money Talks!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 13:54:06 PM by wickwilly »

Offline elaina

« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2008, 14:47:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by wickwilly

I am married to a Turk who is of the same opinion as me ,as are lots of her Turkish friends. I will repeat it. Money Talks!!!!!!

Yes, I agree and if the builders and estate agents realise that in the long term they are going to lose money then they will support our cause. No one will want to buy in Uzumlu so why carry on building there

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2008, 14:57:41 PM »
I think that the people it effects should have a voice be they turk, german, etc.it doesn't effect me and where my places are but I can see the point of view expressed by those it will effect. To me it will be the lorry traffic which I believe has to bring in all the raw materials as well as shifting the finished product that will be the problem. it's unhelpful of those and i will include myself in this to only post to wrangle with other posters.good luck to eric and all those who refuse to steam rollered.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2008, 15:05:31 PM »
Elaina
I Know very little about cement production but it seems I know more than the people who have allegedly researched the subject, which emphasizes my point exactly.
I would not consider buying a house in Uzumlu because of all the existing new builds built over the last few years, to my eyes the beauty of the village has already been compromised' but like your post, this has all been said before.
Once again you repeat the mantra of doom and gloom, beauty of the village and surroundings lost forever, etc. more of the same old rhetoric,
Your still not listening, nothings changed. and once again you have emphasized my point.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2008, 15:26:44 PM »
Scunner, how are we going to know what builders/estate agents are telling or not telling individuals thinking of buying property in Uzumlu. Even if we did know that potential customers were being lied to what can anybody do here - direct them to Trading Standards, the local Builders Federation, the Association of Estate Agents!! Get real, no one here has any rights. Builders and Estate Agents have a licence to do as they please. There is no comeback. I know, as does everybody else here, a load of tales of builders/estate agents ripping off their customers. It is on this basis that it is probable builders/estate agents are likely to be 'economical with the truth' about the cement factory. But, of course, you will be shocked to hear this.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2008, 15:43:41 PM »
Chris. if you read all the posts about builders and estate agents on this site with an open mind
you will see that most of them are positive with hundreds of satisfied customers, your continuing
sniping at Scunner and co is getting tiresome in the extreme.
Why cant you put your point scoring to one side and try to concentrate on your problem of the cement factory
or is that to much to ask.

What on earth makes you think your behavior is helpful to anyone.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 15:45:33 PM by mike A »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf