Author Topic: Restaurants In Uzumlu  (Read 20801 times)

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »
Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to list the good bad and the ugly of the restaurants in Uzumlu ,so that visitors to our Village have some idea where to or not to eat?: :)without being rude of course ;)Good idea? well whos going to start?
Regards Calvin

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »
Hi calvin -  I think consistency is the problem here.....just when you think you can rely on one, they change the chef etc and it goes to pot !  But you chaps who live there permanently probably have a much better idea that us 'part timers' !!  (Did the Hexagon restaurant ever open again this summer ?)

Offline goatman

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 13:13:26 PM »
salihli turkish restaurant at the start of the village for excellent pide, pizza and kebap. Very cheap. and the winehouse for a good evening meal whilst being reasonably priced. They have had the chef there all summer and hopefully they will keep him. Apparently the bbq's during the summer were excellent and always having to turn people away on the night.

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 13:26:01 PM »
Pookie, the Otterman Garden didnt open this year, shame as it is probably the best situated Restaurant in Uzumlu ,for parking and for not anoying neighbours with noise etc ,needs a new owner ,how are you fixed??? then can you "gizz a job" sorry not allowed to work in Turkey !!!1, We went to Mustaphers last night ,still good food and waiting times are down now that  most the tourists have gone, hope he resolves his timing problems he realy does deserve to do well, Calvin

Offline saoirse

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 13:36:10 PM »
Calvin after our experience there, 1hr wait, rubbish food and crap service I wouldnt go back to him. He hasnt a clue about customer service

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 13:43:17 PM »
Sorry to hear about your experience , as i said things seem to be improving hope they continue, then you can buy me a beer down there one day, Regards Calvin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 13:43:56 PM by calvin 1949 »

Offline Firo

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 16:27:45 PM »
Calvin...hasn't this subject already been covered before(quite contraversially) ;)

My favourite is the Camlik.
Great gardens and I know that they are about to start a refurb on the inside ready for the winter.
Fi

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 16:29:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Pookie, the Otterman Garden didnt open this year, shame as it is probably the best situated Restaurant in Uzumlu ,for parking and for not anoying neighbours with noise etc ,needs a new owner ,how are you fixed???
  Calvin,  don't think we hadn't thought about it......Mr Pookie is a fantastic chef (trained in top notch London establishments don't you know...??!!!) and anyone that knows the size of my somewhat 'rotund' tummy, will confirm that we are rather passionate about good food and wine (and beer !).  If Lottie had finished school and we had a Turkish partner, we'd most definitely be there !!!

Has Ibrihim and Aiysha finished with their Gozleme place now us tourists have disappeared ?   Hoped they would hve a good year, they deserve it [:X]

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 17:36:03 PM »
Saoirse,I assume from your description that you do not live in Turkey? To rubbish Musti's from perhaps one visit (?)is a joke. We have eaten there maybe 50+ times. Yes, the sevice can be slow but, hey, who's in a hurry here? To say his food is rubbish is just plain ignorant. I agree Musti's is not the Savoy Grill but for decent,consistent grub that offers value for money imo he still cannot be beaten in Uzumlu.
As ever the comments of people who do not live here, but seem impelled to impart their 'wisdom', should be viewed with some degree of suspicion

Offline Diverbaz 1

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 17:42:54 PM »
Here we go again, anybody's view of anything in Uzumlu or Turkey is only valid if you live here. What B*ll*cks.

We were all visitors at some point, didn't everybody have a view then, good and bad, were you afraid to voice an opinion then, good or bad, just because you were on holiday, or is it only OK to make good comments when on holiday. People post their opinions as they find, or are holiday makers supposed to put up with cr*p service everywhere, just because they are on holiday.

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 18:01:38 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf