Author Topic: Water pressure !!!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline panick

• Newly Registered
Water pressure !!!
« on: June 28, 2013, 08:51:53 AM »
 >:(
We've become increasingly angry about the poor water pressure in our district (yeni)of the village (I believe other areas are similarly affected). Having made a considerable nuisance of myself by complaining at the belediye everyday  for a week, we had a visit from the Zabita plus plumber who agreed that there is a problem, specifically that the main supply pipe put in to service the area is not big enough to cope with the additional demand at this time of the year, well what a suprise that is!!  Why this wasn't considered when the land was parcelized we'll never know, or maybe the additional water charges we are asked to pay are intended to upgrade the sysytem at some stage. (no I'm not naive, just very sarcastic)
When asked what they intend to do about it, plumber said he would speak to his manager and we all know what that means.
If others are getting as fed up as us, at having to get up at 5.30am in order to have enough water for a shower and if you haven't already done so please go in and have a moan. Probably won't get us anywhere, but you might feel a bit better.
Rant over - for now

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Water pressure !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 13:11:24 PM »
We moved into a house with a very low water pressure (and where the water is routinely turned off for whole days to stop the farmers watering their crops) and the 'pipe' that brings the water to the house is the same size as our hosepipe.

We bought and installed a second tank with a pump. Problem solved; we have a tank of water to see us through when the water is turned off and the pump gives plenty of power and not so expensive.

Offline Rosy

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »
we too had a tank and pump put in a few years back when there were even more cuts n water supply, it was so worth it, we have never had a shortage since and we often have many visitors all wanting showers at the end of the day,

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:41:17 AM »
Seems yours and others visits to the Zabita did the trick and we now have a lot better water pressure (how long will it last?), hopefully this is to all areas around the village, would love to know how they did it, if they didn't actually put a larger pipe in, and how so quickly to solve a problem that has occurred on off for years? Charming that there first port of blame was because of too many new houses, particularly when most of those new houses also fall into the ones that pay 3 times more in water rates!

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 20:51:14 PM »
I think you will find that your water pressure will drop again soon. It seems that they are able to control pressure in the village by switching other areas to low pressure. We have had no water for two days now. Lucky we have a tank. Having complained by letter to the belediye Baskan today I am expecting it to be flowing again by tomorrow!!!! Yours will probably drop again. Sorry!!
WW

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 15:56:38 PM »
Hope your pressure has raised now WW we have had a drop in pressure from what it was put up to but still good in comparison to others, I checked on someones villa today and the pressure was really bad compared and it is literally only 2 minute drive away so understand what you are saying about different areas of the village, one of the reasons we chose to move to the flat area of the village was a better water supply after living with on off water supply for a year in the village. Hopefully they will invest in the infastructure to sort this .

Offline panick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 10:25:08 AM »
Nicola and Rosie, thanks for the advice re. tanks. We had asked our builder about a tank, 8 years ago when we had the place built, but he said there's plenty of water in Uzumlu, so we wouldn't need one! However even some with tanks struggle when the pressure is low for more than a few days.
Ironic that the pressure increased last Friday, as we flew back to UK on Saturday! but we did get a good shower before we left. I'm convinced that no permanent solution will be found in the near future (if ever). But we should continue to moan at them. Keep cool.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf