Author Topic: Mugged and beaten up in Uzumlu  (Read 22672 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Mugged and beaten up in Uzumlu
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 18:02:50 PM »
Don
So sorry to read this, hope they are both home safe now and recovering.
Similar to the Taxi incident in Ovacik. Two "men" with a known history.      Disgusting.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 18:03:23 PM »
Stop supporting a business who chase after people in a gang, beat them with a baseball bat and steal their money, possessions and clothes?

It's a no brainer, surely?

"Everyone in the village will know who it is" - but sounds like plenty of them still go??? Where is the solidarity amongst Brits to stand shoulder to shoulder with their own who have been wronged!!! Why would anyone choose to give their hard earned money to this place - honestly Uzumlu people, you need to wake up - you are going to relax in a place of danger - next time it could be you, or your daughter, or mother.

FFS go somewhere else to eat.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 18:16:27 PM »
This thread has reminded about a bit of an incident as had with his dad when I lived up there. I bought some spices one day from his shop, I only wanted coriander but he hadn't got any and so he sold me a gift set of 8 including the coriander for 20 TL. When I got home I realised they were 4 years out if date so I walked back up to the village and asked him for a refund. The result of that was a 10 minute argument in his shop where he refused to refund me any money, threw the stuff on the floor, ripped it all open in disgust and told me he wouldn't be able to resell it. He even opened one of the packets and tasted it and told me there was no problem. I refused to leave the shop without my 20 TL and in the end he opened the till took out a 20 TL note and threw it on the floor. I never frequented his shop again, seems like - "Like father like son"

Offline Rosy

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 18:49:56 PM »
so sorry that the reputation of Uzumlu has been sullied by one  deranged thug. I hope that your daughter and her boyfriend recover from this nasty experience. I for one never frequent that bar as it is well known that there have been a number of similar incidents involving visitors.

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 19:21:06 PM »
We have lived in Uzumlu for 3 years, this blokes reputation goes before him so forewarned is forearmed.  We have never frequented his establishment and never will. Surely now people will see sense and avoid the place like the plague.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 19:28:40 PM »
Quite agree with you Cobbydalers but how does one get this across to the many tourists who rent in the village during the summer and who make the place look popular!!!!
WW

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 19:37:16 PM »
Well if I discover which restaurant/shop it is, they will not see any of my money, or indeed me..... I shall ask around so I do not make the mistake of going there.  In the mean time Don I hope your daughter's boyfriend makes a full recovery, and that the scrot and his mates are locked up for a long time.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 19:41:27 PM »
Quite agree with you Cobbydalers but how does one get this across to the many tourists who rent in the village during the summer and who make the place look popular!!!!
WW

And I guess one of their first ports of call for tourists staying in the village is the shop? Good for local info and of course recommendations... :(

Offline apollo

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 19:42:41 PM »
As far as I can see it , there are two places to avoid. But to be safe just avoid Uzumlu. Nudge nudge wink wink!

Offline Don

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 19:50:22 PM »
Thank you for your comments and support. Our Daughter is still in shock and her boyfriend recovering slowly and it is a very sorry situation to be in

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf