Author Topic: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu  (Read 36857 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 17:07:08 PM »

I have watched this post and the original post (24 Sept) with interest. I do have to agree with bluegypsylou this has been very much a 1 sided thread.

If it is a one sided thread then that is because only people from 'one side" have posted - not because only one side has been allowed to.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 17:18:29 PM »
I never said that any post had not been allowed. It is a 1 sided thread but that is probably because no one was there to actually witness what went on. According to Don, there is a second side to this going around all be it in Uzumlu and not on here but that is all lies, it would be helpful if Don would make public what the other side of the story is.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 18:17:00 PM »
I never said that any post had not been allowed.

I never said that you said that any post had not been allowed. I was making a point of order, that any one sidedness was purely down to the nature of the posts contributed.

It is interesting however that you defend your chosen establishment and accuse others of not having seen what went on. Furthermore, it is quite disturbing that in your original post you imply that people who (allegedly) show aggression in this establishment shouldn't be surprised at what might happen - even though it may well be the case that what could have happened was getting beaten with a bat, stripped of their clothes and their possessions. Maybe you didn't mean that, but that is certainly the implication.

You feel it is extremely unlikely that the story is true or even credible - even though this is apparently certainly not a one off incident at this place.

I also find it incredible that in situations like this, people accuse others of talking when they didn't see what happened - judgemtal opinions, nearly always written by people who didn't see what happened but don't think that matters in their case.

Offline Don

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 18:24:04 PM »
Thanks for that reply scunner, I was just formulating a reply myself but you have said it so well .

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 22:44:39 PM »
good a round of applause totally agree scunno

Offline LisaJ

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 06:40:54 AM »
I have one question - if someone is stripped naked and all their possessions taken (including phones, passports etc.....) how did they fly home the following day?   Or have I misunderstood something somewhere!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 09:11:04 AM »
I'm sure most people could work out that it meant the possessions he went out wth - I doubt he went out with his entire possessions, off to the pub wheeling his suitcase behind him - what a daft question. I take it you use Eddies too - supporters are certainly being mobilised recently!!! Operation Damage Limitation has finally commenced!

If you read the original topic you will see what was taken from him as he lay beaten, and you will see no mention of passport. Here it is for you:

he was battered across the back of his head causing a gash that needed 12 stiches, the friends then joined in kicking and stripping him of his shorts,  which had his wallet containing 350TL, £140 credit cards and driving licence and iphone. 

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=56623.msg378940#msg378940

You'll certainly have to try harder than that to discredit the story.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »
It's not impossible to travel without a passport, either the British embassy can issue a document allowing travel on the day of issue, or, as happened to me, when my handbag was stolen en route to the airport in Germany, the airline can get permission from immigration in the UK for you to travel. All I had was a fax that took me through passport control at both ends of the journey.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
Liz,  he didn't have his passport stolen - you've made that bit up.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »
Liz didn't make that bit up!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf