Author Topic: Coronavirus Turkey restrictions  (Read 54219 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Coronavirus Turkey restrictions
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »

Offline Phil

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2020, 09:36:36 AM »
Hi all I have just an email sent to me via nhs staff advise it is quite lengthy so will try to give you the interesting bits the virus cannot survive sunshine and tempretures above 27 deg c ,taking hot drinks at regular intervals also will kill the virus , holding you breath for 10 seconds in the morning without coughing or discomfort is a safe sign you are clear of the infection disinfecting door handles phones appliances and hand washing is all good practice ,I have sent my good friend mete AY the full letter if anyone wants to see it please send your email address and I will try to forward it cheers stay safe all

Some of the contents of this “NHS Advice” letter were quoted to me a few days ago by someone who swore blind it was a copy of a letter given to his “next door neighbour’s auntie’s friend” after a recent visit to Casualty.

Unbelievable !

We don’t actually need a lock-down and tens of thousands of ventilators and hospital beds – we can all solve the problem by drinking cocoa ! We don’t need tens of thousands of testing kits – just hold your breath. The NHS are giving out letters, but not publishing the same advice on their web site.

Clearly someone needs to let the Chief Medical Officer know these amazing findings ‘cos he is forgetting to tell people in his daily Downing Street briefings – how remiss of him !

In these terrible and scary times it is reassuring to see that the Government has a department which is working with the Social Media Platforms to spot and take down false and dangerous advice. It is a shame they didn’t have the same department working during election and referendum campaigns.

My rant could go on much longer………… but I think I've got it out of my system.

Stay Safe everyone

PS : The bit about " disinfecting door handles phones appliances and hand washing is all good practice " resides in the "sound advice" section.

Offline cenk

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2020, 22:15:05 PM »
Turkish Airlines expanded flight bans and restrictions till 1st of may

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2020, 08:15:23 AM »
 A map showing the distribution of the virus. You'll see that as of 14 hours ago, Mugla had 43 reported cases.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »
There are reports from Facebook pages, used mainly by expats based in a number of towns along the Aegean coast throughout Mugla, that 'hundreds' of cars are arriving from Istanbul every day.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »
Precisely what happened in Madrid - thousands traveling to their holiday homes on the coast and spreading the infection to those areas - understandable survival instinct - but doesn't help the authorities control the spread and their limited resources.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2020, 11:22:02 AM »
The first virus-linked death has been reported at The Devlet Hospital. His wife is being treated at the hospital for the virus.

https://gercekfethiye.com/fethiyede-koronadan-ilk-olum/26352/

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2020, 17:18:18 PM »
The World Health Organisation was formed 71 years ago and they don't seem to know how far a cough or a sneeze travels.

That's worrying is it not. :( :( :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2020, 17:33:34 PM »
According to traffic reports the D550, which is the main route into Mugla from Istanbul, is nose-to-tail with traffic, mainly cars.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2020, 17:53:29 PM »
This is heading for absolute disaster :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf