Author Topic: Area  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Suzanne Ak

• Newly Registered
Area
« on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »
Can anyone help?

I am looking at a villa in Ciftlik koy.

Can anyone tell me what the area is like and I believe the walk to beach is 15 minutes? I dont drive so is the walk OK?

Be really gratful for any information you can give me.

Thanks  Suzanne
p.s I Have 3 young children too!

Offline denniz

Re: Area
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 17:01:09 PM »
hi Suzanne Ak,its an absolute lovely area,a lot more turkish than most are used to but i think you and your children will feel a little cut off without a car,having said that there is a dolmus etc service..........
this post/thread may also interest you.....http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/koca_calis_ciftlik_discussion_forum/access_ciftlik_village._46996.0.html

Offline maecy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 14:29:38 PM »
Hi Suzanne. I live in Ciftlik ( and have youngish kids.) It really depends where your villa is. It wouldn't be walkable to the beach from where we are - our house is in Ciftlik proper near the very top. But if you actually mean Koca Calis then you'd probably be able to do it. Koca Calis is the part of Ciftlik below the main road, Ciftlik village is the part above (where the school is.) There is a bus every hour and a half or so (not on Sundays) that goes to the beach and on into Fethiye. Will you be here for holidays, or permanently?
Best
Mary

Offline Suzanne Ak

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 11:33:44 AM »
Thank you so much!!

Its one of 4 villas near Osmangazi Cd. 

That doesnt mean anything to me I am afraid.

I am coming out next week.

If you get to see my post, please let me know what you think.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »
If you follow Osmangazi Sokak up from the Surf Cafe area it becomes Osmangazi Cd.

I would guess your villa is one of the row of 4 highlighted in yellow. If I'm right that makes it a good 10-15 minute walk with young kids.

Hope that helps.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 15:44:37 PM »
Hi all,
We often stay in Ciftlik and do not mind walking, we walk from the near the canal road down into the village, cross the main road near the junction by Melissa market, we cross over the main road and walk down the lane that goes to the Carretta beach bar, at the junction (we call it goat corner) we turn left and divert round the back of the Telmessos complex and this brings you out at the far end of Koca Calis.  This takes us about 45 minutes before we are at the area near to the Mutlu bar.
We do this with our two daughters, we just carry bottles of water!
As Scunner says I would say a 10 minute walk to the beach for you.
'Lil

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 16:19:20 PM »
And a bıt ısolated. And ıf ıts the ones I thınk ıt ıs they are ın the mıdddle of a reed bed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf