Author Topic: I have to share this...  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Libra

I have to share this...
« on: May 21, 2014, 15:20:08 PM »
Last week I went to the Hyundai Car Service to have my car checked before the official inspection today. They checked the car and made a list of spare parts costing 2800 Lira. They said , I would not pass without repairs and part replacements. Furthermore I should be very careful as my brakes were defect.

I was shocked seeing  this sum. I sensed something wrong and nasty.

I decided to go to the inspection first and see what they say. If they would find major faults , I would have a months time to fix them anyway.

Today I was at the inspection and they only found minor faults and the car passed the inspection.

A German word says : "Trusting is good , checking is better" .

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: I have to share this...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 15:20:58 PM »
It seems all Garages are the same.. Turkish and British.

Offline Libra

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 15:26:31 PM »
Of course I will write a complaint to Hyundai Head Office in Istanbul and ask for an explanation .

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 18:51:22 PM »
Personally, I would have sought a second opinion from another qualified garage !! Who is to say that the person who carried out the "M.O.T." on your car knew what he was doing?? I think if I was told that I had the slightest fault with my vehicle's braking system, I would not be driving it without this second opinion !!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 18:59:20 PM »
I think I may have to have a stiff drink and a lay down in a dark room for an hour. I agree with Gordy !

;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 20:03:43 PM »
Took my car to the Land Rover Agency in Aberdeen.  It had an electrical problem with one light coming on and a knock under the bonnet. It's a long story, but they had it in the Garage for 5 days and found all sorts of things wrong with it, including the back brake pads needing renewing.   After getting it back and paying a large sum of money.  I noted the knock was still there.  I rang the Garage and they said to bring it back. I refused as it's a 60 mile round  trip.   They agreed to come out and get it and leave me a courtesy car.... in three weeks time!!!
When they did take it away.  I had a phone call about 2 hours later to tell me that the knock was a loose nut under the bonnet, but....I am sorry to say Mrs Harvey, you need new back brake pads, they are really bad!!!!
I explained to the guy they had just renewed the back brake pads a few weeks ago.  He panicked. and said he would call me back. He called me back and said there was a mistake and the brakes were fine.
I have just had a new car delivered, not from Aberdeen but from the Agency in Inverness, would never use Peter Vardy again.  I did ring and write to complain and had a letter from Peter Vardy himself with an apology.. Cut no ice with me.  Its also not surprising to hear the guy from Inverness who sold us the car has left Peter Vardy in Aberdeen and is travelling 4 hours per day to his new job until he gets a house near Inverness.  He tells me the staff are leaving in droves.
It seems that there are thieves in garages all around the world.  >:(

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 06:21:15 AM »
A friend who used to work in a garage said they were told to pretty much always say there was something wrong with the brakes because nine times out of ten the customer would just go along with their advice rather than risk an accident.

I do enjoy it when they try it on with Mr WB or my son, both of whom have experience/qualifications in this field....but it's so, so wrong when most people don't know what's what and the garages play on people's fears and lack of knowledge.  >:(

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 07:01:27 AM »
After having an MOT on my car in the UK I was given an advisory on one of the tyres. My Ex took it to National tyres and came back with a list a mile long , stating I need three new tyres new front Pads and discs and half an exhaust system!!! Needless to say they didn't get my business !!!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:37:40 AM by johnboy1967 »

Offline Libra

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:04:48 AM »
Can anybody recommend a good car service ( if one exists ) in Fethiye , or should I assume that one cannot be sure about anybody here just as it is with house repairs etc.

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 09:30:47 AM »
I use Toyopar on the Sanai for all my Japanese parts and they have a service centre on the same road... When I wanted a oil service they were one of the best priced places....
Sanai sitesi 262 Sokak 37 . 0252 6122366 or 05324261919

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf