Author Topic: Visa / Residencey Prices  (Read 9832 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 14:09:43 PM »
When we decided to go for a residencey we knew the cost was more but thought it gave us peace of mind especially with any claims for health insurance. We also read on one of the forums the goverment were considering changing the 3 month visa to a monthly visa. ( maybe just someone scaremongering have not heard anymore on the subject).
Mark

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 14:27:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

We also read on one of the forums the goverment were considering changing the 3 month visa to a monthly visa. ( maybe just someone scaremongering have not heard anymore on the subject).
Mark

That rumour's been knocking around for at least 5 years.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 17:23:01 PM »
Hello Minimu,There is no restriction on applying for full citizenship after five years whether you have a residency for the full period or a mix of residency or visa!The criteria is whether you have been out of turkey for a period of six months or more in one hit as it were.Here is a bit of info,useful or not I dont know yet! There has been a recent decision inthe european courts of justice in       Germany(euroland)that a turkish person passing in to euroland (germany)for the purpose of business has a right of passage due to an agreement between germany and Turkey about twenty years ago and is still valid.All agreements between member states were accepted by the whole of the eu at the time of joining  as it were.The same chapter applies to the UK aparently and in theory the requirements for a visa for the UK from a turkish person due to the previous egreement with germany is legal.Watch this space!!!!!!There has been a test case already in the UK and it was upheld to be legal.Customs requirements for a visa for a person from Turkey are I believe deemed to be illegal if they are carrying out a visit for business.How about self employed pole dancers???????legal??????? wait and see

Offline Diverbaz 1

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 19:53:00 PM »

Tourist visas do not give you the right to reside in Turkey, I don't know how you would stand if the authorities decided to have a purge.

http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa.htm#touristvisa1

Baz 8)

Offline Chinook

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 19:44:12 PM »
quote:
I don't know how you would stand if the authorities decided to have a purge.

In a queue for a residents visa  :)

Offline starman

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
Residency has benefits. Getting a bank account, phoneline, utilities and ADSL for example. Also you never know that you may accidently go over your tourist visa which would incur extra costs and persona non gratia for a period aswell.
Add the costs of travelling, visa (who knows what the cost will be in 5 years, it was free when I first came here), what you would spend for food and shopping when you wouldnt need to, then there is not much different in cost.
Also you will need a residence to buy a car too.

Offline kevin b

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by starman

Also you will need a residence to buy a car too.

It has been posted on here & other forums that residents permit is not needed to buy car so which is correct.

Offline starman

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »
I have helped 4 people this year buy a car. Each one of them needed a residence permit or the police would not issue a ruhsat.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 13:06:19 PM »
Purchased my car 5 months ago with just passport in Fethiye
Mark

Offline brianthegardener

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 13:32:54 PM »
I know a few people who have bought cars without residence!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf