Author Topic: The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport  (Read 16761 times)

Offline gt

The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 14:14:03 PM »
hi steve i used to have that problem screaming kid.
I do not put up with the rip off prices may buy a coffee but thats it.
Solution i have sad it many times on various sites.
Buy your drinks before you go to the airport go to marias and get your sandwiches made to order,they are excellent value and taste fantastic especially when you see the prices in the airport.
Like a lot of people we do not need to get rid of any last bits of lira because  we travel 2-3 times a year to calis so the money does not need tobe thrown away.
Marias or any other sandwich maker you find i prefer the first,try it and see the difference i am sure the kids will find something on the menu to eat

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 06:06:26 AM »
Agreed with the don't buy at the airport but if all Forum members did this it would probably not make any difference........we are just a spit in the wind compared to the vast number of passengers who come through Dalaman. :)

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 16:25:37 PM »
went thru Izmir airport three weeks ago on business trip the same there burger king charging £6 for a burger so its just not dalaman for these high costs.
also went with BA from gatwick at £269 return, meal on the flight was a chicken roll and a very small bag of three slices of apple and three grapes with no entertainment on the flight, this was a "z" classed ticket so you cannot claim for airmiles you must at least have a "y" ticket to collect your miles, you can do this on the net when you book but you will pay more so there's nothing free in this world eh'
gunna

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 17:54:58 PM »

Hi tribalelder, I was suggesting that no-one at all bought anything in the airport, not just forum members, as it is such a rip off (as all airports are,) but of course that is never going to happen so prices will remain high. We never buy anything at Dalaman since being charged 8lira for a very small bottle of water. We take our own now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »
10 lira for a tube of pringles.

The kids asked for them and Mrs Scunner said yes, I had no option :(

The idea of a forum boycott seems a start, I could get a logo done that members could add to their own websites, other forums could help (remember Jo from Holiday Truths started the campaign for winter flights into Dalaman and CBF and other sites joined in supporting).

Any further thoughts?

Scunner

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 08:52:16 AM »
Go for it - maybe we can make a difference!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 09:31:28 AM »
We've not bought anything from the eateries there for a number of years- take our own sarnies now. Its got to be the dearest airport ever!
 Flew from Alicante a couple of times over winter and you can get lovely tapas and a beer for less that the price of a Nescafe at Dalaman. the only thing we need to get is a thermos for our tea- but I'm not schlepping one out from the UK- can you get them locally?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 17:12:33 PM »
Yes Migros and loads of other shops that sell kitchen type things. Termos in Turkish. :)

Offline Smiler1

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 18:00:02 PM »
I went full of good intentions about boycotting the food, however after a five hour delay I waivered and paid the 9YTL for a half cup of coffee and a pack of three Mars bars from duty free.

They can stuff their 28YTL for a pizza and the fact that the Kebabs do not display a price speaks, (and probrably costs), volumes.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 19:05:09 PM »
get yourselves up to Gunlukbasi and buy one of those cooked chickens from the spit roast for 5YTL. Take it to Dalaman and open it in the departure lounge after borrowing a plate from the rip off cafe. Should set a few smiles off!!!!!

WW

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf