Author Topic: Easyjet email re online check in  (Read 12615 times)

Offline angela

Re: Easyjet email re online check in
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 14:15:17 PM »
I agree, it's a disgrace,  there is no give and take , that's what I hate the most, no humanity towards the customer at all.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 14:46:28 PM »
At one time once I arrived at the airport I had that holiday feeling but not any more.  By the time they have weighed your hold luggage and hand luggage and you have been given a lecture for being 1 kilo over, gone through security, where things change on every visit, and you are urged to "come along madam" if you are a bit unsure and hesitate for a minute, then you have to walk all the way through Duty Free - whether you want to or not -  by which time I am totally stressed out.  Lead me to the bar.  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 15:03:09 PM »
Ha yes me too Marrgie I have always loved going to the airport (Uk side) but it does seem to be getting a bit stressy... thanks girls (and Keith  :)) for replys..this may seem a daft question but can you just print off your boarding card on printer paper or does it have to be on card? I can see me losing mine if it is just a scrap of paper as you have to show it in most of the shops you buy from at Gatwick....

Offline marina

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 15:08:23 PM »
Well we're flying with easyjet in May and haven't had an email abut online check-in yet but I suppose there's time.  I'll have to look at it if and when we do get one.

Regarding the post about Ryanair though, we've only flown with them twice and it quite clearly states on their website that you must check in online OR pay £60 re-issue fee per passenger.  As long as you know about it when you make the booking, it's easy enough to do and for a two week holiday allows you to print off boarding passes, in advance, for both journies, so I don't really see a problem there.

However, I am also in agreement with Marggie.  I used to love arriving the airport (going rather than returning of course!) and handing your luggage in, browsing through duty free and waiting excitedly for your flight to be announced.  Now it's queue after queue, after we've waited at the check-in desk praying our luggage isn't ever so slightly over the limit when we'll get clobbered for excess baggage, then continually checking departure boards 'cos of course they don't announce them any more  ???

Just get me on that plane and away!!    ;)

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 15:15:37 PM »
i ve printed mine onto paper>printer is playing up so it s alovely shade of duck poo green :0 i ve printed 2 copies just in case X

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 17:20:37 PM »
I have since posting this  received a third email from them stating the exact same thing..
That is a good idea Amanda I will probably end up printing about six each knowing me!!!  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 17:28:53 PM »
When we were booking in at Stansted a couple of weeks back, I heard the Easyjet lady telling someone that everyone needed to print off their boarding pass, as very soon if they didn't there would be a charge.   I suppose they are getting in line with Ryan-air.   We certainly did not need to print one off this time but presumably in May we will need to as i believe it will be up and running by then. 

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 17:45:22 PM »
We got an email but checked on the website, which says:

Online check-in is available for passenger with and without hold baggage. This service is optional and free of charge. If you did not check in online you will need to check in at the airport

So I guess it is still optional

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 21:06:25 PM »
I always check in online as it saves a bit of time at the airport.  The online check-in queue is usually shorter.    :)

I also print off the boarding passes on normal cheapo printing paper and just keep everything together in a poly pocket.    :)

I make it all so easy for them (and me!).

On our first visit of the year in April, we have hand luggage only, so should be in the lounge with a glass of wine VERY quickly!!!  (something else I always book and print off - airport lounge, for a relaxing start to our holiday!)   :)   :)   :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 21:54:00 PM »
While I really appreciate the cheap flights with Easyjet.   I grudge  printing of one third  of a page for boarding pass and two thirds for anything else they want to sell you.
On our last trip to Jersey we had the equivelant of a rain forest printed out for five of us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf