Author Topic: Monarch Airlines Experiences?  (Read 10927 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Monarch Airlines Experiences?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 07:00:16 AM »
Various family members have used them, been ok getting here but have been some 4 and 5 hour delays going back

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Monarch Airlines Experiences?
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 07:10:15 AM »
Ken,

I was told that they messed up and simply put the late arrivals on the early plane. I did get an apology, my money back for the pre- booked seats and a bottle of champagne (full size) on our next flight (in June).

I've flown with them in the distant past and they were great. Now they are just another cheap airline but don't seem to do it as well as the others. However, times and price have made me try again this summer. Easyjet for Portugal though as I used my Emirate miles   :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:43 AM »
I wish they were a cheap airline Stoop.
Come back Aegean all is forgiven.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »
Using them in 3 weeks time for the first time this thread is filling me with confidence about them......not :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
This is the only real delay I've had with Monarch and the 20% familly discount more than compensates    ;)

Do you know, we've known each other many years Ken and over that time I've started to see you as a bit of a father figure.

Is that enough for me to use the 20% family discount too :D

I guess it is all down to personal experiences, which can be quite different. My experience of Monarch is pretty awful over many years and some on here have never had a problem. I have the same experience of Easyjet, always seem like a well oiled machine and on time always. I think for the price difference I will take my chances with Monarch. Knowing my luck I'd pay the extra Easyjet want and it will be them who are delayed as the Monarch flight departs 10 minutes early :D

Surely has to be better than Thomas Cook - I have developed quite a hate of them over the years, I rarely even check their prices these days :(

Offline marina

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
Last flew Monarch a couple of years ago now.  No problems that I can remember. Food crap though!  Buy your own at airport to take on board. 
Would use them again if they were cheaper than easyjet.

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 15:16:29 PM »
We've used them quite a few times, only had one delay, that was last June for approx 1 hour delay, so not too bad, fingers crossed i'm not about to jinx us for this Junes flight!!!! Staff are always friendly, take our own food. To be honest, we have often got to our destination a bit early, roll on June :D

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 16:43:20 PM »
Mmm...  Booked with them in May and then again in August.  Wondered why they were so much cheaper...   : :)

I had a 5 hour delay with Easyjet first time I went to Portugal.  The worst part of it was that they have no ground staff so we were told there was a delay but not whether it was 1/2 hour or 48 hours.  People were getting quite angry at the lack of information.  I think people can cope with quite a lot if they know what's going on.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 18:23:17 PM »
Thanks all, the replies are genuinely appreciated.  I suppose previous experiences have no relevance to future performance. I checked Jet2 on Thursday and they were £121 one way - I like Jet2. However on Friday the same flight was incredibly £252. I'm a fan of Easyjet but will now bite the bullet and book with Monarch - a saving over Easyjet of £236 one way for our party has helped me take a chance on Monarch :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 18:33:17 PM »
Don't forget the discount code Keith  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf