Author Topic: Thomsons from Aberdeen  (Read 1240 times)

Offline dycedon

Thomsons from Aberdeen
« on: July 24, 2013, 15:35:16 PM »
I have just checked out flights from Aberdeen with Thomsons for July 2014, wait for it, 2 adults, £1340, eerrrr no thank you, GLW jet 2 approx £500 for 2.

Offline Ray1951

Re: Thomsons from Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 16:17:28 PM »
Disgraceful to say the least.  Did you check prices from Edinburgh with Turkish Airlines?  I know that July is peak holiday season with many Scottish people but the airlines should take into consideration the fact that it is extremely hot in Turkey in July so making fares less expensive, they would fill their aircraft.  We Scots get hammered at every turn.  Manchester seems the best place to fly from for cheaper flight prices.  You can fly to Dalaman in August for £65 from Manchester and if you're up for it, fly to Istanbul (very cheap £16) then fly to Edinburgh for £102.  A bit of faffing about but it saves a fortune.  I wonder if the airlines made a flat rate fare for every airport, would they gain ?  Eg:  May  £180 return  June £195 etc. etc.  I know that fees differ from airport to airport but the airlines are going to come up with something to encourage people to use them.  Just a thought.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf