Author Topic: Credit Card Fraud - A2B Transfers and Resorthoppa  (Read 41413 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Credit Card Fraud - A2B Transfers and Resorthoppa
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2014, 14:05:35 PM »
I agree Keith to an extent but as I said why take a risk when people have already had their cards cloned using this company.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2014, 15:00:28 PM »
I agree Keith to an extent but as I said why take a risk when people have already had their cards cloned using this company.
Please be careful what you say Anne, there has been "NO PROOF" that A2B have or have not been involved with fraudulent use, yes it "SEEMS" that way but it is not yet verified to be fact.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2014, 16:24:08 PM »
No doubt with mine, hadn't used my UK card for anything else :(  booked with them again though, but went to their office and paid cash.

Offline luvturkey

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2014, 17:57:33 PM »
Thank you for all comments regarding airport transfers/fraud/credit cards

Offline George Warner

« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2014, 19:14:02 PM »
To refresh a topic.
 It appears there is still a problem with Resort Hoppa and card cloning.Friends who are adamant they only used their card once, for one transaction with them this year had it copied.
Again a Resort Hoppa problem and nothing to do with Sarpedon Travel, Diane/Dizzy, of this Forum who we continue to use but pay cash either at their office or to the driver.

Offline stuart1955

« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2014, 20:13:32 PM »
Pegasus for me used them 3 times last year and once so far this year and no problems and pay driver cash, do the same in uk where I use batransfers.com and same procedure with them cash to driver

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2014, 20:31:52 PM »
To refresh a topic.
 It appears there is still a problem with Resort Hoppa and card cloning.Friends who are adamant they only used their card once, for one transaction with them this year had it copied.
Again a Resort Hoppa problem and nothing to do with Sarpedon Travel, Diane/Dizzy, of this Forum who we continue to use but pay cash either at their office or to the driver.

It could be that the problem was from last year. I used my UK card to pay for an A2B transfer last June, about the time when their system was hacked. I didn't try to use the card again until February this year. The fraudulent activity on my card started at the end of January & within a month or so, they had racked up 44 statement pages. All monies have been returned by my bank

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2014, 23:19:00 PM »
I used A2B for years and was always pleased with the service they provided but like others, my bank card was hacked and I associated it to A2B so have decided to change my transfer provider.  As well as this,A2B sub contracted my transfer in Kusadasi to a third party who let me down, resulting in me missing my flight to Istanbul, which had a huge knock on effect, which cost me a great deal of money.  To their credit, they did reimburse me some of the costs but that was the last straw.  I now use a pre-pay Mastercard for some transactions ad for use when I'm abroad.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2014, 23:30:29 PM »
I used A2B for years and despite many people suggesting I was paranoid/misinformed, I can guarantee my CC details, from a transaction with A2B, was hacked or whatever to book flights & hotels to the tune of £1002.

My bank rang me almost immediately, it was all stopped, and I did not lose £1002 or have to claim it back or prove it wasn't me.

I have booked A2B since and have no more concern in doing so than I would booking or buying anywhere else. The way some people talk is like there is someone in the A2B office in Fethiye with a dodgy terminal he bought from China on eBay, stuffing home made plastic cards with our details on, to pay for his life of Reilly.

It's ridiculous - it could happen when you use your card to pay for anything, anywhere.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »
Well put Keith, mine was the same situation as yours re my card, I have and will book with A2B since the problems last year and so far nothing irregular has taken place on my card...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf