Author Topic: Booking with fly thomas cook  (Read 5017 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Booking with fly thomas cook
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 00:36:00 AM »
You got the option for a meal???? We booked TC in March for our flight from Aberdeen leaving a week today and not given the food option at all. We got it last year but this year nada.

Having tried to eat the meal last time, I chose not to book us meals this time ...... Airplane meals are just something to do really aren't they? Fill in the time.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »
Bigfoot,
If you check your flight number and it's not prefixed with TC it's because Thomas Cook are acting and an Agent and your flight is being sold on to another flight company which this year is Freebird last year it was Pegasus. They do not tell you this, the only way you know is the flight number and the fact you are not allowed to pre-book seats or meals.   We fly from Aberdeen (booked with Flythomascook) and both flights are with Freebird this year.  We had one in May and are have another one in September.
In May there was no food on board apart from crisps and biscuits.  Also you will not be offered to pre-book a seat which means that people arrive 4 hours before the flight to queue so they can have seats together. :( >:(
T.C. wash their hands of you and refuse to discuss the flight.  However, it's possible to go to the Freebird Website and book seats together.  We have done this for our September flight.    ;) There is no way of knowing if there will be food on board.  In May we asked when we checked in and the girl told us she did not know.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 13:45:52 PM »
To get back on topic,
Tried deleting,reloading,rebooting to no avail, all with Google,used IE voila!! no problem!! Still not answered problem but at least a way round it,

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 17:07:04 PM »
It's only a 4 hour flight, why are you worried about eating on the plane? Eat at the airport or enroute and/or after you arrive if you must.  8)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 19:12:07 PM »
Maybe 4 for you, 4.45 for me. I just buy a boots meal deal before I board

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 19:19:35 PM »
Us too  :)

And I agree, airline meals are good only to pass a bit of time...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 19:57:31 PM »
It's only a 4 hour flight, why are you worried about eating on the plane? Eat at the airport or enroute and/or after you arrive if you must.  8)

Well last time we arrived at Aberdeen Airport, flying on a Freebird Flight which was sold on by T.C.  we where told nothing about food on the flight as no one knew, we decided to eat at the Airport it was 5.15pm.  There was no hot food available at the restaurant before the customs.  So we went through customs and the only restaurant the other side had no seats.  We eventually found one, after a long wait, mine had a ripped seat with all the foam coming through. i put the menu over it. There was a wait for 30 minutes for any hot food  We got two drinks and I nipped over to Boots and bought the last two two salads, to eat.  By the time we flew to Dalaman and got to our place it was after 03.00 in the morning. So,  Hamlet, it may be easy to eat at bigger airports but not at Aberdeen and not in the early hours of the morning in Calis. Eating on the plane passes some time and also fills a gap.
Incidentally,  I complained to the Airport when we returned and got a bunch of flower and a box of chocolates sent to the house after a phone call from the Airport Catering Manager, who promised me they would do better.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 00:08:08 AM »

So we went through customs and the only restaurant the other side had no seats.

Well whoever opened a restaurant with no seats wants sacking!

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »
Maybe 4 for you, 4.45 for me. I just buy a boots meal deal before I board

Forward thinking, that's good Littlereddevil!

Even so, 4.45 is not long to go without food. When I fly Lgw to Dalaman usually on the 15.05 flight getting in at 21.10 I will have breakfast at around 8am & then nothing else until I get home at 22.30.

When we fly Lgw to Orlando, I don't eat on the plane either and that's an 8 hour flight.

It's not that I'm a fussy eater, I'm not, I'm quite happy to try different foods when we travel to other countries, I eat to live, I don't live to eat.

When I was working I never knew what breakfast or lunch were, I started between 6am & 7am and finished between 7pm & 9pm without eating until I got home.

I know that for certain medical reasons there are a small number of people that must ingest on a regular basis, but for the majority of travellers this is not the case.

With so many people in the world not knowing when or if they will eat again it just really amuses me that people feel they cannot go a few hours without eating and/or they must scoff because of the time of day (oh, its x o'clock so its a meal time!) and why the big deal about not being able to get a hot meal, I prefer cold food to hot any day, if you are that hungry you will eat whatever you can get, hot or cold, it's not the end of the world!

Offline George Warner

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
Not bad!!!.
Seven replies relevant to my question.
Nine posts with absolutely no input or relevance to the original topic!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf