Author Topic: What does it cost to transfer flights?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Somerset Simon

What does it cost to transfer flights?
« on: October 11, 2013, 13:13:34 PM »
There have been a few flights offered for sale recently and whilst the cost of transferring names has been mentioned - do all airlines also charge the difference in flight price from the price paid to the current price (Like Easyjet)?

Easyjet charge as follows (and they did charge us a couple years ago):
A fee will be charged per passenger, per one-way flight for any change that is made. For both name and flight changes you will need to pay the difference in price between the cost of the original flight booked and the cost at the time the change is made. No refund will be made if the cost of the flight is lower at the time of the change. Current change fees can be found here.

As one who books flights early and across various airlines, wanted to understand if it should be a consideration when buying nearly a year in advance. We have used FlyPGS, Easyjet, Thomas Cook, Monarch and Turkish Airlines this year.

Thanks Simon

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: What does it cost to transfer flights?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 13:33:12 PM »
Hi Simon yes Easyjet do charge for the difference in the flight price (I forgot to put that in my flight sale!!)but only if the flight has increased in price I went to change one the other day and it had not increased therefore just the flight change to pay for at £35, I do not know about the other airlines though whether they charge or not.... I notice if the price has decreased (sometimes they do) they do not offer a refund in the price difference...

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 16:13:47 PM »
Jet 2 also charge price difference

Offline CharlotteC

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 18:13:01 PM »
...and the same for Thomas Cook. I've just moved mine and my sister's half term flight back a couple of days and I paid £35 per person to move the date of the flight. The new flight wasn't any more expensive so I didn't have to pay the excess (phew!)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 19:50:03 PM »
The idea of charging the difference in prices seems harsh but I recall one of the airlines explaining that originally they brought it in to try and combat bucket shops and others buying large numbers of seats immediately they were released, then selling them on later at a handsome profit and simply getting the passenger name changed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf