Author Topic: Resorthoppa A2B - October 2013 Review  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Resorthoppa A2B - October 2013 Review
« on: October 23, 2013, 23:18:54 PM »
Booked because it was the cheapest, I'm not that bothered about shared transfers - as I always say I generally know someone or more on it which means the chinwagging can start early. Paid £35ish for the four of us return (plus £1002 credit card fraud - only joking Diane  ;) )

In brief:

To Calis: 2nd to arrive at transfer bus (6 total I recall) so 35 minutes wait. 3rd dropped off of those 6 parties. Driver possibly the slowest transfer driver I have ever known - but prefer that to getting the fastest to be honest. Driver was helpful getting our cases off for us.

To Dalaman: Pick up time confirmed 2 days before as 18:40. Arrival at hotel: 18:40 precisely. One family on bus already. Then us. One more family picked up and that was that, no more pickups - straight to Dalaman. Good driver - totally unremarkable which is the driver of choice for me. Took every case/bag off himself which helps.

Just sharing our experience in case anyone is considering using Resorthoppa/A2B and hasn't thus far.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Resorthoppa A2B - October 2013 Review
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 23:38:14 PM »
"Booked because it was the cheapest"

An honorary Scot already.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »
Just used them in Portugal for the same reason. £42 return for two against £90 for private.

Arrival went well. Had to wait 15mins for some other flight but not a problem. We did have a couple of moans though. Firstly the driver had no portable step for a wheelchair bound lady. He asked if she could use our hard case as a step but I refused due to her size. Not a nice thing to have to do but at £120 a time I wasn't prepared to risk it. It took three ladies to manhandle her onto the front seat. The men politely refused due to not wanting to place their hands on her rear.

Secondly he drove too fast. Mad as a hatter. Got us there though. We were the first drop off.

Coming home was confirmed 24 hours before on their excellent iPhone app. Picked up 15 mins early with one couple already on board. Made two more pick ups - one in a place we had not been to before so it was quite interesting.

Have used them three times in Portugal and once in Turkey and all pick ups on time or early. Would use again without doubt.

No credit card fraud - yet. Booked in June.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 19:25:01 PM »
After A2B's contracted transfer in Kusadasi took me to the wrong airport, causing me to miss my flight AND having to book a hotel in Istanbul, they advised me that I should take the matter up with their sub contractor to which I replied "I booked with YOU and my contract is with YOU so YOU deal with it".  I am pleased to say that they have paid for my flight and the hotel and the money was in my account within 21 days.  I will not give them another chance and will book with another company next time.  I may add that my a/c was hacked twice on two different occasions after I had made an A2B reservation.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
Having just read the fraud thread on CBF and now this one, it is not the transfers or the drivers that are at fault, Turkey for example have some of the most considerate transfers we have come across; it is the owners sitting in their ivory towers that don't give a damn.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »
But is it even worth bothering about? My card was scammed for £1002, my bank stopped it and it didn't cost me anything but a bit of inconvenience, waiting for a new card. I couldn't care if A2B are investigating or not, it won't make me a penny richer or poorer.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 12:41:28 PM »
Isn't it only £25 for up to 4 people with Pegasus to Calis.
We only pay £30 to Uzumlu and have used them quite a few times and we have booked them for our friends when they stay with no problems at all, (apart from 1 driver who hadn't yet found the deodorant counter in Kippa!).
All I all a good service. I have read about people who have had difficulties but hey we are talking Turkey, nothing is ever fool proof or straight forward.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
Isn't it only £25 for up to 4 people with Pegasus to Calis.

Yes but we tend to like to go back to the airport too

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 14:59:20 PM »
Pegasus let our friends down big time last month. Sorry but having used them this year for the first time we won't be risking it again.

They got to Dalaman to find that they were not on the list for a transfer. Eventually, after showing their receipt and after a couple of phone calls they were allowed to share another transfer but both they and the other couple had paid for private ones.

Not what you want at 3am after a long flight!

Offline Fran

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 18:17:41 PM »
I've used pegasus about 6 times this year, and never had a problem, if they keep their prices competitive I will use them again next year. Great price for car hire as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf