Author Topic: Pegasus Airlines - Customer Service Nightmare!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline raff

Pegasus Airlines - Customer Service Nightmare!
« on: October 28, 2013, 15:19:17 PM »
We are at the end of our tether with this lot- any suggestions welcome!
We booked flights for January from Stansted to Istanbul to Dalaman but for family reasons decided to ask Pegasus to change the flights to a date in February. So, phoned the call centre, spoke to a young lady whose english wasn't great and who really did not seem to know what she was doing! So, 20 minutes later I had paid £74 to have the Stansted -Istanbul flight changed - however to a day which does not have a connecting flight to Dalaman!
So, the saga begins - I asked to speak to a manager who said he would listen to a recording of the phone call and phone me back. I asked for his name ( lets say Mr A)and over the following 2 weeks I made a further 4 calls from UK to him at their call centre in Turkey. Each time he fobbed me off with different excuses, promising to ring me and the final time I rang and asked for him he would not come to the phone and told this other man to tell me there was no record of the phone call and that they were not responsible for changing our flight!
So I waited a further 2 weeks until we were back in Turkey and I phoned again from our home phone. It was answered by a different man  (Mr B) - asked to speak to Mr A and was promptly told nobody by that name worked there! So, spent another 20 minutes explaining the problem to him - yes he said - I will listen to the original call and phone you back. So, 2 weeks later there is still no phone call!
So, on Saturday morning I rang again and it was answered by a different man. I asked him to put me through to Mr B -he said its his day off so I thought I would ask for Mr A (who I was told didn't work there)and was told that it was also his day off!
So I phoned again yesterday and spoke again to Mr B and asked why he was lying about phoning me back and about saying Mr A didn't work there? It turns out that I had slightly misprounounced Mr A's name!(funny how I had been put through to him by other people!)  So, then I'm given every excuse under the sun why he hasn't sorted out my problem and I have to go over it all again. But - this time he gives me the girl's name who messed the flights up and he even agrees with me that its their mistake - she should have checked there was a connecting flight before changing the first one. But - he says - he still has to listen to the original call - which he will do right away and he will phone me back definately in the next 2 hours. Guess what - I'm still waiting .....

Offline Stortman

• Formerly the artist known as Essexboy
Re: Pegasus Airlines - Customer Service Nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 17:05:13 PM »
Raff - did you speak to the UK helpline or one in Turkey? I had to use the UK helpline after a credit card payment crashed right at the point of transaction so I had no idea whether I had or had not paid on a trip that was all Pegasus Stansted - Istanbul - Dalaman - Dubai back to Stansted and they helped me sort it all out and spoke very good english too. UK call centre number on their website. We've travelled with them on 6 different occasions from Stansted to Dalaman now and always found the tightness of the transfer is closely aligned with the tightness of other parts of the body but somehow we and our cases always end up together in dalaman at the appointed time. Last time they did actually more or less carry us and another english couple through passport control - and then the flight was delayed for 30 mins but we still landed on time!

Offline marjo

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 18:10:18 PM »
Raff
I was on the Pegasus website when I also saw your post-I have just checked and there are flights Istanbul Sahibia Gokcen to Dalaman each day in February 2014, some dates have 2 flights, one morning (departs 6.25am)and one evening (departs 8.05pm) . Prices from as little as 29.99 TL at the moment.
Might it be worth checking again for your connection to save you more hassle?
Hope you get it sorted!

Offline raff

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 18:58:48 PM »
Hi Stortman, having had many phone calls to their call centre from UK & Turkey, it seems that the UK number and the Turkish number get through to the same people!!!

Hi Marjo, yes - there are flights most days - but the point of our complaint is that they moved our flight to a day in February when we land at 7.00pm at Istanbul and there isn't a flight until 8.00 pm the following evening to Dalaman!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf