Author Topic: Monarch bag drop at Gatwick  (Read 2791 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Monarch bag drop at Gatwick
« on: November 01, 2013, 16:20:55 PM »
We flew to Dalaman from Gatwick with Monarch on Wednesday 30th October, excellent flight only 10 pax on board.

Everything went well except the bag drop at Gatwick. As we are a pair of 80 year olds there was no way we could lift our 25 kilo bags onto the scales. We asked for assistances and were told there was none available. We explained again and she just sat staring at us. Fortunately another pax saw the problem and put the bags on the scales for us.

The young lady booking us in was not the slightest bit interested in her job, twice we had to ask her to speak up but she just kept on muttering. You could tell by the body language she was not the slightest bit interested in her job. I should have made a note of her name but we were so glad to get rid of the bags I forgot.

Our return flight with Monarch is booked for the 28th April 2014. Weather so far has been brilliant warm days cool nights.

Got 3.12 Lira to the £ at the money changer in Fethiye. Time to relax now for the next six months.

DonM

Offline Marggie

Re: Monarch bag drop at Gatwick
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 16:47:53 PM »
I know from your posts you are quite a sprightly gent but one way of getting assistance would be to request wheelchair assistance.  You most likely don't want to go down this road but if you are met with unhelpful staff!!!!!

Enjoy your six months of relaxation in this beautiful country.  :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:45:54 AM »
Have a great time in Fethiye, Don and I'll go and sort out the useless airport girl for you!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:07:17 AM »
Have a really great time Don, I'd love to try a whole winter season there too. Keep posting!   :)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 16:42:01 PM »
Thanks.

We are still getting our act together. Having fun with the hire car, had a few scares on the mountain road from Kaya to Fethiye but will get it right in time. The first drive was dangerous and after that it was just exciting.  ;)  ;)

A lot of building going on in the Kaya valley not looking good at all. We first visit Kaya in 2002 when it was a peaceful place. I suppose we will get used to it. Off to the Shaka on Sunday evening to try out their fish menu four courses and wine, TL99 for 2 persons. 

DinM

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 18:52:52 PM »
Was that a deliberate typo - DinM - cos of the building noise in Kaya?  :D

That Kaya to Fethiye road is awesome - Wendy an agent from Homes Unlimited drove us down it - loved it!

4 course fish menu at Shaka? Do let us know what it was like.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf