Author Topic: Manchester to istanbul.  (Read 5033 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Manchester to istanbul.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 17:47:00 PM »
Thanks Peat.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 14:50:44 PM »
WB, it is really easy and as KKOB says, just check your tags say DLM. I remember there is a time limit at Istanbul where if your stop over is more than 12 hours (May be less) you have to collect and rebook in. We usually have just over a hour with PGS so it's straight through with no worry about waiting for bags at Istanbul. At DLM you are met as you enter the terminal for the short ride across to the international terminal.

Thanks Simon.
I'm looking at an 11-hour wait so may have to collect but at least I know to check now!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 15:05:39 PM »
Well, if you want some authentic Turkish food while you're waiting, go to the Botanik Cafe in the Domestic Terminal. It's where the airport staff eat but travellers are welcome to use it and it's extremely good value.

http://www.ataturkairport.com/en-EN/shoppingdinning/DomesticTerminal/Pages/Cafes.aspx

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 15:11:51 PM »
Well, if you want some authentic Turkish food while you're waiting, go to the Botanik Cafe in the Domestic Terminal. It's where the airport staff eat but travellers are welcome to use it and it's extremely good value.

http://www.ataturkairport.com/en-EN/shoppingdinning/DomesticTerminal/Pages/Cafes.aspx

Ha, I may find time to try them all and write a series of reviews!!  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf