Author Topic: Turkish Airlines  (Read 3686 times)

Offline DianaJ

Turkish Airlines
« on: December 05, 2013, 18:36:36 PM »
 Just contemplating booking Turkish Airline flights for hols next year Dublin Instanbul dalaman just wonder for any of you who have travelled with turkish airlines before have you booked directly on Turkish Airlines site or others that skyscanner bring up e.g Bravofly Travel Up Budget Air etc , bit nervous about some of them in case they disappear overnight along with my money and I have no tickets ...... Thoughts please !!! 

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Turkish Airlines
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 18:50:41 PM »
When I've booked flights with Turkish Airlines I've always done it directly on their website without any problems.

Offline marjo

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 19:12:47 PM »
Always book directly using their website, it is simple and quick to use. Once you have booked you can then check in online up to 24 hours before your flight & chose your seat at no extra cost. I fly on business and for pleasure with them frequently & they are one of the best airlines I have ever used   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 19:21:36 PM »
Same here, used to fly with them quite a lot, it's a very good airline. Better than BA certainly in my view.

I've only ever booked direct online too, very easy and I don't think it's cheaper booking elsewhere normally anyway.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 19:40:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies , working out cheapest option for me from Ireland next summer working out about £1150 for 4 with bags instead of thomas cook £1520 no bags no brainer

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 19:55:38 PM »
Depending on your wait at Istanbul, consider booking the TA VIP lounge at the airport. It's very pleasant indeed and a couple of Burger King meals would probably cost as much  :)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 20:47:05 PM »
A couple of Burger King meals?
Have they got a 2 for 1 deal on then?  8)

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 21:34:16 PM »
4 hour 35  on way out and 3 hour 30 on way back so nay consider it too

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 22:06:20 PM »
The Botanik cafe in the Domestic Terminal is well worth a visit if you like authentic Turkish food. It's where a large number of airport staff eat so it's good quality and reasonably priced.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 22:44:28 PM »
Always booked with them direct and have to say they are second to none for price and service.  Even the wait in Istanbul is pleasant and if you check the various options, you might not have long to wait between connecting flights. At the moment they are over £100 cheaper flying from Scotland to Dalaman, compared to other operators. In my opinion they are the best, especially as your luggage and meals are included in the advertised price, NO hidden extras.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf