Author Topic: Easyjet Flights  (Read 8244 times)

Offline Hamlet

Re: Easyjet Flights
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2013, 06:11:15 AM »
Oops!  :-\

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
Can't win with "our Scunner", I remember not too long ago all of us being b*****ked for not using the quote option properly and being given precise instructions from himself how to do it.

The phrase"Victim of his own success" comes to mind.  ;D ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
Can't win with "our Scunner", I remember not too long ago all of us being b*****ked for not using the quote option properly and being given precise instructions from himself how to do it.

You obviously didn't read it then!!!

Reply with quote is not there to quote the last 58 comments immediately under the last 58 comments, it is used to

a) Reply to a comment earlier than the last one

or

b) Reply to a specific part of the last comment (as I have done in this reply - quoting only the part of your post relevant to my post).

In 99% of posts, Reply with quote is not required at all.

Love the smileys but that doesn't automatically mean you are saying it all tongue in cheek, because I don't think you are. Your phrase "Victim of his own success" simply translates as "too big for his boots". I assure you I am not. Nothing is further from the real me, I'm a person you simply do not know at all. Maybe it's just that I have been doing this a little longer than you (I was here doing this 9 years before you arrived with your opinions on how forums should be run).

I just think when I give my time (loads) and pay for the forum to exist freely to help and entertain all who come, people could at least be interested in how best to use the facilities. We are something of a success and that is partly because we try to do things properly and making things as easy to read and follow as possible FOR EVERYONE to read, and reply with quote use is certainly part of that.

You might think I sound like a miserable old git and perhaps in some ways I am - but I can think of little more miserable than reading a page of comments then having to wade through each and every one a second time when the person is replying to the post directly above theirs anyway!

And a Merry Christmas to you.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
well said   ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 11:22:37 AM »
Well done to those who got good prices. This year we were determined to get decent flight times (not arriving home at 3.00 in the morning) and to fly from Bristol. Expensive choices! £700 for two. Ouch, that stings.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2013, 13:33:23 PM »
Scunner, I can assure you that my remarks were "tongue in cheek" and were mean't in a purely humerous way. I am sorry that you have reacted this way. You have been most helpful to me when I needed your advice and I will be eternally grateful. To say that I don't know you is absolutely true, as it is of 99% of all other members on this forum. If I ever have the chance to meet you or anyone else on here I would greet you or them with a firm handshake.
Anyway I sincerely wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2013, 13:35:17 PM »
Then your definition of "Victim of his own success" is quite different to mine. I will say no more on the matter and once again wish you and yours a very happy Christmas.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 13:38:09 PM »
Agree   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf