Author Topic: Easyjet released  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Easyjet released
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 23:10:08 PM »
After reading Silkmrs postings I think I will give the winter flights a miss.  I don't have any electric blankets at our place in Calis.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 23:13:37 PM »
Winter is beautiful - I remember the smell of a crisp Calis evening so well. But you'd best experience it in a hotel perhaps - use their heating and electricity  ;)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 00:07:35 AM »
As above says flights will be released 2nd week in April

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 00:49:34 AM »
But you'd best experience it in a hotel perhaps - use their heating and electricity   ;)

Not necessarily  :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 00:52:05 AM »
Why the  :-\ ?

I'd love to see your leccy bill at Menthol Towers after a fortnight in January :D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 00:55:18 AM »
It would be a shame, Jacqui not to see the region in winter - it is really quite beautiful.

And we have a further 2 electric blankets to take with us on Tuesday for my Mum and daughter.   :)

The  :-\ was in reference to the hotel we stayed in for the first week of our 3 week trip recently. No heating after the first night. The house was okay actually - warmed up nicely.

Offline daveG

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 13:58:01 PM »
Would certainly echo your sentiments Menthol having just returned after six weeks (All Jan/2wks Feb)
Being able to get out for long walks in the daytime in warm/sunny weather for us compensates for the cold in the evenings/night.If you are able to configure your accommodation (more difficult I know if open-plan)and make cosy one room like the Turks do and alternate by going out in the evenings there are more and more rest's (particularly Fethiye)with wood burning stoves etc EVEN in the fish market!! You can still enjoy lovely evenings all be it with a Turkish community rather than the large
Brit Summer invasion.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 14:07:07 PM »
And for me that was a big plus point too daveG - the lack of crowds in the winter and no hassle at all from businesses.

The days can be glorious and warm but without the humidity and like Scunner said - crisp. Please don't dismiss a winter break, Jacqui.
Anyway, when slikmrs has sorted her house out, it should be the warmest place in Fethiye and you can stay with her   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf