Author Topic: Haves bus  (Read 2814 times)

Offline big a

Haves bus
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »
I will be flying into dalaman via Istanbul on turkish airlines will there be a havas bus taking me to fethiye if so where would I pick it up from

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Haves bus
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:42 AM »
The Havas bus is scheduled to meet domestic flights & is outside the domestic terminal.

Only problem will be, if you have checked in luggage, you will be bussed to the international terminal to collect it & by the time you've walked back to domestic, you'll most likely have missed the bus

Offline George Warner

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »
When we landed at Dalaman domestic terminal a few days ago after an International flight we were bused from the domestic side to the International terminal to collect our luggage.
The Havas buses were waiting there to collect passengers. i'm sure this was also the case earlier in the year.
We are in Fethiye Otogar today and will try to confirm from Havas if this is now the normal procedure

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »
I think the Havas bus starts in domestic terminal,they are parked in the car park there, picks up clients there and then goes round to the international terminal to collect any passengers. No need to go to domestic terminal to join bus.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:31:24 AM »
The Havas bus always goes to the international airport to pick up those diverted to pick up their cases after first picking up people in the domestic terminal car park.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
Daft question but here goes! Why if you are on a domestic flight do they drop your luggage at the international terminal?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 13:26:56 PM »
They only do this for those who have come into Turkey say at Istanbul and who have a connecting flight straight on to say Dalaman as part of the same journey.

If it's just a straight forward internal flight the bags are picked up in the domestic terminal.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 13:53:01 PM »
I think if you can collect your baggage in Istanbul , even though you have came via Amsterdam or CDG for example and check in again at the Domestic Turkish Airlines Desk you should be OK for collecting your luggage at DLM Domestics, I have never had a problem in the past.

Offline lissa

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 19:07:06 PM »
If you have a flight from UK to Dalaman via Istanbul, both boarding cards are given at check in in the UK,one for journey to Istanbul,other for onward to Dalaman. Luggage is checked right through. I cannot see the point of trying to collect luggage in Istanbul, if this is at all possible, and checking into domestic, also assuming after passport control there would be time for this.

Offline Fran

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 19:12:40 PM »
Getting checked in straight through, only usually happens if you are flying both legs with the same airline. We have had to get our bags in Istanbul and check in for the domestic flight.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf