Author Topic: Haves bus  (Read 2812 times)

Offline lissa

Re: Haves bus
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »
Yes true, only checked right through if travelling with same airline for whole journey. Remember to check luggage allowances though for both if purchased from different airlines as domestic leg usually less.

Offline big a

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 05:45:17 AM »
So your saying if I book turkish airlines heathrow to dalaman with a three and half hour wait in Istanbul my luggage will arrive at the domestic  terminal with me?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »
If you book your flight from Heathrow to Dalaman with the same carrier, you will be given both boarding passes at check-in and will not see you luggage again until you arrive in Dalaman.  You will be taken by bus from the domestic terminal in Dalaman to the international terminal where you will pick up your luggage. 

For you luggage to arrive in the domestic terminal, you would have to book both legs of your journey separately, Heathrow to Istanbul and Istanbul to Dalaman (this would enable you to book each leg of your journey with a different carrier if you so wished).  With this scenario, you would collect your luggage at Istanbul and then go to internal departures and book your luggage in for your onward journey to Dalaman.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »
When they tag your luggage at Heathrow have a look to see whether it says IST or DLM. If it says DLM, it'll go straight through to Dalaman without you having to worry about it.

Just a further word of advise too. When you get to Istanbul, go to the TA desk in the Domestic Terminal and confirm your seat for the IST to DLM flight. Even though you've got a boarding card, if it's getting a bit full, they'll bounce you on to the following flight if you haven't checked-in.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf