Author Topic: Thomson Flight Gone Missing  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Thomson Flight Gone Missing
« on: January 05, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
A very traumatic thing to happen, people start eating each other and the like. No, not gone missing in flight, gone missing from t'internet.

Has anyone known this sort of thing - I found a flight, just what I was looking for, then next day it had completely vanished. It was definitely there, on the Thomson website and also on Skyscanner. Then gone. Surely people will have been booked on it or that plane's return journey so they can't just drop it.

I thought it might be full but the Thomson website says "We don't fly to that airport on this date" which is fairly conclusive. Also the week before and after they certainly do fly to that airport on that day.

I'm hoping it's a glitch and the flight will return - does anyone have any experience of this type of situation?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Thomson Flight Gone Missing
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »
It's possible they've sold all the tickets for that flight to one of bucket shops ? They might reappear soon.

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
More likely that the flight had been cancelled due to low sales, they are probably offering those booked already a refund or an alternative flight (we had this's few years ago and were given a free coach transfer to another airport to fly to DLM on the same day).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:59:54 PM »
The strange thing is, it's the half term week one which has vanished, while the two around it are school weeks and haven't. Low sales is pretty unlikely.

Offline dizzy39

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 13:26:37 PM »
last year I wanted to fly to Glasgow in the school half term hols - 2 days later when I went to book it had gone :( this was Thomas Cook.  Not sure either it was took off sale due to low demand or it was full :(

Offline Christie

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 13:40:00 PM »
Thomsons certainly do just drop flights - we were supposed to be flying home from Spain at 9pm just after Christmas, and just a few weeks before we went on holiday we found out (only by printing our eticket) that we had been moved on to a much earlier flight in the day at 11.55 am.  A change of over 8 hours.   
We were subsequently told that people who were booked on the evening flight had been moved on to the earlier flight and some had their holiday cancelled as obviously the earlier flight was now filled.  Dreadful way to treat customers and they simply hide behind the 'small print'.   Oops sorry, rant over.   

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 19:53:54 PM »
Disappearing flights has happened to me on 2 occasions last year. Can't remember which airlines but do remember wondering if I had imagined the whole seeing it thing the first time round. And on both occasions they were 'perfect flights' in that they were from the exact airport I wanted at the exact time I wanted.

Anyway, glad to hear it isn't just me and the hallucinatory drugs were not to blame.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 20:01:59 PM »
Yep, I found flights for a shortish break leaving on the first day we could go and returning on the last day we can return. Then gone. And I too questioned whether I had imagined them, or whether I had misunderstood the search results. But I hadn't.

Sadly it's game over - we can't go for longer and we can't go earlier or later.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 20:52:35 PM »
Last month I booked a one way flight with EasyJet, Dlm - Lgw on 1st April, not sure when flying back, probably on the 3rd or 4th so have been watching flight costs on those days until I'm sure however when scanning through I keep getting a message to choose another date as they don't operate that route until ......... 1st April 2014 !!  :-\

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 21:32:44 PM »
I not sure whether it's still the case Hamlet, but when you first enter an Easyjet site they insert a cookie. If you go into it again the flights prices are often more expensive than the first search. Each time you go on their site delete the cookie and then you're treated as a first-timer and get the best prices.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf