Author Topic: Turkish Airlines Let Down Glasgow Celtic  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Airlines Let Down Glasgow Celtic
« on: January 06, 2014, 19:08:57 PM »
"Celtic may be flying high in the league but their flight to Turkey for a winter tournament failed to get off the ground on Monday. The Scottish side were due to jet out to Antalya on Monday to take part in a cup competition, with their opening match against Trabzonspor on January 9. A technical fault with their Turkish Airlines charter initially put back the flight, before it was later cancelled after the plane was grounded in Belgium."

STV News

Offline Ray1951

Re: Turkish Airlines Let Down Glasgow Celtic
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 22:32:00 PM »
The team were flying out of Glasgow airport which is not normally served by Turkish Airlines.  I have always endorsed Turkish Airlines, I think their service is far superior to Thomas Crook and others.  I would love them to fly from Glasgow as opposed to Edinburgh, but I suppose you can't have it all.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 21:16:47 PM »
good idea ray 1951. its about time other airlines especially Turkish airlines looked at Glasgow airport. Thomas crook seem to think they have a monopoly at all Scottish airports. come on Turkish airlines. if ur flying out of Edinburgh why not try Glasgow?

Offline Jack13

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 21:19:02 PM »
why not Prestwick? good airport going to waste.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 21:28:37 PM »
Prestwick?  Complete shthole and I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking if you are serious about suggesting THY should fly from there!

JF

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 22:13:39 PM »
We can start by e-mailing Turkish Airlines and asking them to consider flying from Glasgow.  If they get enough interest, they might consider it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 22:27:30 PM »
You must live in cloud cuckoo land!

You seriously want to petition a major international airline to fly to swap from an established service at Edinburgh to a different one just 50 miles away? Do you not think they considered both and there were reasons why they went for EDI? Or maybe you think they could offer a service to both? If it's more convenient for you I'm sure they'll start a new service to down the road from the existing.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 23:20:50 PM »
We can start by e-mailing Turkish Airlines and asking them to consider flying from Glasgow.

On you pop petal, I'm sure they'll be receptive to your views.  I mean how could they have overlooked Glasgow when they did their pre application passenger surveys etc.  Hey, they may even send you a voucher...

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 23:38:49 PM »
The reality is that Turkish Airlines is on a ridiculous quest to be the biggest & fly to every country in the World (they already fly to more destinations than any other airline, even if some are pretty pointless, not required or war torn - Mogadishu, not Glasgow).

The point is, any other National airline in the World probably wouldn't dream of servicing Scotland, they'd do the sensible thing and stop at Heathrow or Manchester at a push. To have a service to Scotland at all is a miracle, provided only by the egocentric wastefulness that is TA.

Although it would obviously never happen, if KLM, BA or just about any major airline took over TA, such routes would be chopped on the first morning - so enjoy the very fact they fly to Scotland   :) 

Offline Jack13

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »
oops sorry. only my opinion re Prestwick airport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf