Author Topic: Turkish Airlines Let Down Glasgow Celtic  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Turkish Airlines Let Down Glasgow Celtic
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
Personally I wasn't replying to your post about Prestwick, I was posting about Glasgow Airport. I'd agree with you in that Prestwick could become more used, if only because Scotland needs more cheap operators and flights. Prestwick is pretty much only used by Ryanair now. I'd also agree with JohnF that it isn't the nicest airport these days but then again the money Ryanair will be paying  them won't pay for many much needed refurbs   :)

My reply was about Turkish Airlines flying to Scotland. Which they do. And will have chosen Edinburgh over Glasgow for reasons, when they decided they would fly to Scotland direct. They won't move to a new airport less than 50 miles away because Ray1951 writes a letter saying it would be more convenient for her :D

Offline Jack13

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 13:45:32 PM »
point taken scunner and totally agree with your comments.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 13:50:36 PM »
I just love how some of you like to shoot people down in flames. That's what makes you so endearing .  Your way or the highway!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 13:53:06 PM »
Then maybe you shouldn't make yourself such an easy target...

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 13:58:52 PM »
oops sorry. only my opinion re Prestwick airport.
And only mine, plus my opinion that you could not have been serious over Prestwick being a contender for a flag carrier to even consider.

Prestwick has two things going for it - long runway and lack of fog, everything else is dross.  Location, facilities etc. Even their claim that they were the only place in UK Elvis set foot in is bollox!

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 14:13:10 PM »
I just love how some of you like to shoot people down in flames. That's what makes you so endearing .  Your way or the highway!

Your opinion is that people should petition TA to change their service from Istanbul - Edinburgh to Istanbul - Glasgow

My opinion is that it is a total waste of time.

Your opinion, my opinion. Do you see? Discussion forum. Hardly "Your way or the highway" - who asked you to agree or leave?

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 22:59:09 PM »
The suggestion to write to TA regarding flying from Glasgow was NOT for my convenience as Edinburgh Airport is betwixt and between for me in comparison to Glasgow Airport. Thomas Cook have the monopoly over flight to Turkey from Glasgow and I think many people will agree that they are not the best provider.  I am delighted to have read that people in Aberdeen are going to have flights to Turkey.  The more companies who fly from various airports creates competition and subsequently cheaper flights, which I think you will agree is what we would all like and enjoy.  As an aside:  Ryanair fly to Corfu from Prestwick & Edinburgh to Corfu.  Easter is the biggest event in the Greek Orthodox calendar and a time when many people travel to Corfu for the special festivities.  On 8 December Ryanair contacted customers who had booked flight to Corfu to say that they would not be flying to Corfu from Edinburgh or Prestwick in April.  No reason given and alternative flights from Manchester and other airports are full. Moral being: Ryanair have no competition on this route at this time so they can disappoint people like this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf