Author Topic: Fly Thomas Cook - Possibly the Worst Service in the World  (Read 9251 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Fly Thomas Cook - Possibly the Worst Service in the World
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 14:37:07 PM »
Very true.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 14:55:17 PM »
The fact they are cheap excuses their inability to work and understand the information on their own systems? What an odd opinion that is.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 15:23:32 PM »
You pay peanuts...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 15:29:18 PM »
Yes but who says they pay their staff peanuts? I have no idea but I bet they pay around the same as Monarch, Thomson etc pay?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 15:41:31 PM »
You only get what you pay for what can one expect cheapest airline going to and from turkey,what do some people expect,if you want the best then there a premium to pay for the privilage,££££s.

T.C. I want the best, I get the worst, but I still have to pay a premium to travel with them...No justice is there?

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 17:21:30 PM »
I have had to change my flights 4 times since November for personal reasons and admit I found the site difficult to make changes online but instead of using the premium phone line I used live chat on their site and each time all details altered with no hassle. Have never had a bad flight either so maybe I have just been lucky. Still cant use my March ticket so maybe this time I will just sell it and rebook when I know I can definitely return :(

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 18:51:18 PM »
I have to say that price wasn't my initial driver to using FTC. I was flying from Antalya to Manchester and as far as I could see they were the only option, that said, my flight wasn't cheap anyway having paid £427 for two seats before I had paid the extra cost to sit together, upgrade to legroom and increase luggage on the return journey.

The return was less eventful, although once we had boarded the plane they announced that they were two staff short and so to expect a reduced service, for instance only one drink service etc. I hoped that in the event of an emergency they had two staff on board without anything to do. While in the UK we bought some nice new luggage, at Antalya we picked up our badly damaged, brand new suitcase, luckily we still had the receipt and reported it to ground handling. I've written to FTC but quite expect to be told to contact the insurance company which no doubt has an excess clause.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 20:04:35 PM »
Give it a try George.  We had a suitcase damaged on our way back from N.Y..  A case we had actually bought in N.Y.  We complained to B.A. and they actually replaced it by asking us to look at the Antler website and pick one out and then they sent it to us.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 23:59:19 PM »
Bit of a difference between BA and FTC.
You will probably end up with a free TC carrier bag if you are lucky George.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf