Author Topic: Did I imagine hearing that TC Cook were doing Dalaman flights from Feb?  (Read 2712 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Did I imagine hearing that TC Cook were doing Dalaman flights from Feb?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 18:55:28 PM »
Menthol if you book a few weeks in advance you can get the train from Sheff to Gatwick airport with just one change, I priced it from Chesterfield 12 weeks in advance on £25 each.
Mark

Offline Menthol

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 22:41:11 PM »
Thank you Dennis!

DaveKaren - it looks as though we will be flying to Antalya from Manchester on the 11th March - but thank you very much for suggesting the transfer share. I think it's likely that between the 3 of us we will be bringing 5, possibly 6 suitcases too - I'm bringing stuff over for the house. So have just got a one way transfer price for a minibus big enough for everyone/thing.  :)

Karaoke Mark - I did think about that option, but figured 6 suitcases on the train and between trains wasn't something we could manage. Cheers though.

Offline ceni

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »
I used to go home in Feb every year when I lived over there, 2005 to 2009 always flew from Dalaman into either Manchester or B'ham and then back to Turkey from Stanstead to Dalaman about 3 weeks later, with TC.

Had those flights stopped altogether since 2010 and now being re-started again? I never had a problem getting a flight back to the UK in Feb.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:07 PM »
Ceni, unfortunately There have been no direct flights from Dalaman to Manchester in the winter since 2010.  The last four times we have come back in January or February we have had to fly from Antalya.

Turkish Airlines fly Manchester to Istanbul and Istanbul to Dalaman but you have a lengthy wait for your connecting flight or even have to overnight in an hotel.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 16:58:09 PM »
Yes it's a real shame that Dalaman isnt open to Manchester/Midlands/Northern flights in the winter months but presumably the airlines don't think it's worthwhile as demand is low. However, for anyone who hasn't been to the Fethiye area in the winter, I can highly recommend it after seeing my first winter there. A completely different feel and it's so easy to get everywhere! You wouldn't believe how quiet the markets are and I never struggled to find a parking spot.

Mind you, as nice as The Harman Hotel was the first week we stayed before moving into our house, it would have benefitted from having the central heating actually switched on. The room warmed up a bit with air con heating on but the rest of the hotel was perishingly cold. And the hotel was full every night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf