Author Topic: re glasgow flights with jet 2.  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Jack13

Re: re glasgow flights with jet 2.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »
was well aware of that highlander but not that much!!

Offline Jack13

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »
here is the breakdown highlander. outbound flight 335euros. inbound flight 222euros. bags 127euros. online check in 36euros. seats 46euros. payment card fee 22euros.
total in pounds £744 and 62 pence.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 10:19:49 AM »
We also looked at Jet2.  We always fly from Aberdeen with T.C.  and the costs are nearly £800.00 so when we saw the Jet2 advert my husband said if we were saving so much money it would be worth driving to Glasgow.  However, as soon as I went online and started to put in all the extras it was working out the same as going from Aberdeen, so no point at all. 

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
We have all had gripes about TC but if you buy a 'bundle' for £31 which is 20K hold luggage, meals, seat selection and a confirmation text (for the return trip), you cannot beat this, unless you fly with my favourite Turkish Airlines.  Jet2 seem to be the most expensive for add ons, it's disgraceful. You also have your hand luggage allowance in addition to the above - bargain.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 13:29:40 PM »
Ray, the problem with T.C. and their bundles is, when they sell off their flights to Turkish Airlines, which they do for some of the Aberdeen flights, there is no bundle.  All you pay for is the flight and a suitcase.  In 2012 when my son was getting married.  We had no way of findiing out if we could take the dress as hand luggage.  After many, many calls to T.C. They gave us Pegasus phone numbers.  Pegasus told us there was no such flight.  When we got back to T.C. they told us that they only give Pegasus all the passenger/flight details 72 hours before the flight.  We eventually took this to the Trading Standards who were amazed that T.C. would sell off a flight and wash their hands of customers.
The other problem is there is no way of knowing if there is food on the flight.  We asked the girls at the desk and they told us they did not know.  In fact, all there was available was crisps and chocolate bars.  Now, we make sure we eat before the flight and take some snacks with us.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 13:34:39 PM »
Forgive my Ray1951 but I believe your post to be rubbish.

If you click the £ 31 deal offer hold luggage is automatically added at £ 22 per person each way

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 18:01:41 PM »
Jacqui, I booked my flight with TC, flying from Edinburgh (Pegasus TC) and returning to Glasgow (TC) £162 for 19 nights.  If I use TC, I always book the bundle but my friend told me that this wouldn't be available because TC were using Pegasus on the outbound flight.  I have to say that I have flown with Pegasus on several occasions, and found their food to be excellent and is not necessary to pre-order.  Anyway from the luggage point of view I decided to add the bundle (which I usually book when I use TC).  I was able to add the bundle and choose my seats, my meal, 20K hold luggage plus my 5K hand luggage, both ways.  For Higlander to say that my post is rubbish, he must have been over indulging in the 'amber nectar' because I can assure you that this is what I will receive just as I have in the past and I have had it verified.  Maybe they just like me  !  Seriously this is available for anyone booking a TC return flight and as I said - excellent value.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 18:28:30 PM »
Ray1951 - I am perfectly willing to be proved wrong.

Did you book through Thomas Cook or flythomascook

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 18:31:18 PM »
I'll be on Jet2 next thursday - a final long weekend with the family before my new life. Going to the Costa del Warner (Benidorm) for the first time ever. 4 return flights from EDI, £96 each. No complaints here  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 18:55:32 PM »
Are you going to tell us what this "new life" is Scunner or just torment for ever?? :-X
And to avoid being told to stay on topic -  I can't be doing with TC flights cos erm, erm……..the seats are too small.   :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf