Author Topic: do not book via fly.co.uk  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Lorraine

do not book via fly.co.uk
« on: March 13, 2014, 14:13:34 PM »
Warning. I have this morning booked flights via this website. A good price, even when completed card details for payment. Horrified when confirmation received including a "service fee" for 59.98 pounds, not displayed prior to payment. Now in e mail discussion with them and demanding a refund (optimistic!). Just furious. Save yourselves stress and do not book with this company.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: do not book via fly.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 14:40:48 PM »
Take screenshots of the booking process if possible, showing the lack of transparency.  If they do not refund, take it up with your credit card provider who is jointly liable.

JF

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 14:46:46 PM »
Thanks
Brilliant idea, will do.
I won't give up on this one!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 17:46:27 PM »
Good luck and thanks for the heads up.  May save someone else getting ripped off.     >:( >:(

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 19:14:27 PM »
I've been looking at reviews of this outfit, which is based in Leipzig, Germany, and it makes quite worrying reading. One line I was particularly perturbed about is this ; " unfortunately, German law has a 14-day distance selling law that does not cover travel contracts, from what I've gathered. and they are happily exploiting this."

Very much a prime example of " caveat emptor ", I'm afraid !! Best left alone, in my opinion.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 19:54:36 PM »
All these third party sites are good for seeing what the options are (Skyscanner particularly),but I seem to always find that the big bargain fare suddenly isn't available (I think the phrase they use is "sold out" ;) when you click on it. I only ever book direct - even with the extras and booking/credit card fees that Jet2, easyjet etc add, at least you know that the total price is the price you will be paying, and the amount they will be debiting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf