Author Topic: Prices of flights  (Read 1541 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Prices of flights
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »
Is it my imagination or has there been a huge jump in flight prices during the school holiday period, to the extent that I've just booked the ferries and will drive out again (third time) taking wife and two children ten days hotels plus ferries works out cheaper than car hire for five weeks car park at gatwick and plane tickets. Crazy.

Offline Ray1951

Re: Prices of flights
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 14:17:11 PM »
WOW! what a journey.  I do not doubt you but as well as being a very tiring and long journey, surely with the price of fuel & road tolls this MUST make this an expensive trip.  Since you have done this trip before, you will know what lies ahead and I wish you well.  You should do a blog which might encourage other people to embark on this journey.  Good luck & safe journey.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Prices of flights
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 21:54:57 PM »
I booked a flight yesterday. It was priced in Euros as it was a homeward bound flight only. I was given the option of paying in Euro or £'s. I chose to pay in Euro with my Nationwide visa (no forign currency commission & good exchange rate). The difference Pay the airline 254 Euro or £233. I tracked my statement today and I paid 254 Euro which cost me £213 through my visa.
Be warned the airline conversion is a rip off. However beware if your visa is not a commission free visa.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf