Author Topic: Beware when booking with eDreams  (Read 4174 times)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
Beware when booking with eDreams
« on: July 03, 2014, 21:37:00 PM »
I booked our flights with eDreams  last week flying out with Thomas cook  return flight with Monarch.

Within minutes of booking got a confirmation email with the flights & itinerary 

Next day booked dog in kennel then the car parking & finally hotel night before at Gatwick, happy days all set for holiday...

Next day email received!! You are receiving this email because an error has occurred in your reservation for the flight operated by FLYTHOMASCOOK.

So i rings eDreams and they tell me nothing to worry about ring your credit card company and make sure they have sanctioned payment if they have you have nothing to worry about

Credit card company confirms £1700 pound paid to eDreams so i think panic over Turkey here we come

Next day another email You are receiving this email because an error has occurred in your reservation for the flight operated by FLYTHOMASCOOK please do not travel without valid tickets .You need to do another booking  because your flight is unconfirmed with FLYTHOMASCOOK

So i spend another 20minutes premium rate on phone for a person with little English saying no seats available on Thomas cook flight sorry book again

So i say but you have taken my money answer yes but no seats on plane now, ok can i have a refund no sorry you have to put all complaints in writing !!!!

We will miss the next bit as they hung up after i blow my top FFS

I go on there web page use the help function tells me to send them a email with all correspondence if i want a refund 

2 days later still no response

Rings back 30 minute premium rate  to be told 30 days is the time for them to answer complaints and if i am successful could take up to 1 week to get money back on my credit card account

Silly me goes mad again giving them excuse to terminate the call

Please be warned sometimes it does not  pay to use a 3rd party bookings  as i have spoken to Thomas Cook today they tell me that only 30% of there plane is reserved for direct bookings, all the other seats are sold to people like eDreams or sky Scanners Etc

for me Never Again  >:(

Offline Ray1951

Re: Beware when booking with eDreams
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 22:22:21 PM »
So many complaints being made by people booking via a third party.  Lots of smaller companies went bust earlier this year which affected people's hotel reservations worldwide.  As for Thomas Cook, they do NOT know the meaning of customer service.  Two weeks ago I tried to further a complaint only to be told that "they had closed the case and there was nothing further I could do"!  Oh yes there is:  I can boo with another company in future.  These companies take payment immediately but when it comes to refunds, you have to wait for up to 30 days.  This should not be allowed.  I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope it can be resolved quickly.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 23:13:13 PM »
We tried E.dreams once but didn't carry on with the booking as it was much cheaper to book  direct with Thomas Cook... They are real con merchants...

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 13:08:36 PM »
Danky, won't your credit card company take the money back for you? 

I once had a Turkish Car hire company take an 'extra amount' :(.  Phoned the cc company who acted straight away.

Taking money on false pretences is a crime/fraud in the UK!

Good luck sorting it soonest.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 14:37:55 PM »
Just another point re the excessive call charges when trying to rectify - wasn't there a ruling by OFCOM (as of 13/6 I believe) that existing customers cannot be charged the excessive 0845 rates - unless of course they wriggle out of that by saying you are not yet an existing customer!

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 22:03:27 PM »
Cef i called the credit card company again today they said send to us all the correspondence you have, so they can  review the  situation, they did say that i  did not have to pay for the flights while an investigation was on going ...

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 22:59:23 PM »
Great news Danky, hope the CC company sort it all out for you  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf