Author Topic: Dalaman Rip-Off Airport  (Read 4400 times)

Offline daveG

Dalaman Rip-Off Airport
« on: July 11, 2014, 15:04:08 PM »
Just read Fethiye Times article re; DLM A/P. no great surprise but for those with "alarmed wallets" take out your worry beads and look away!!! Prices given were for a 6th July-Cash rate  via P.0 @ 3.30TL - £
                                                                      TL                                £
Cheese Burger                                               31.00                          9.39
Lge Effes                                                       22.00                          6.67
2 slices of Pizza with soft drink                        31.00                          9.39
50cl Water                                                      4.50                           1.36
Coffee and Cake                                            15.00                           4.55
Tube of Pringles                                             19.00                           5.76
Mars Bar and Crisps                                         9.00ea                         2.73ea
Hopefully our rate of 3.50/3.60+ continues

Offline angela

Re: Dalaman Rip-Off Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 15:10:44 PM »
Yep, I paid 15tl for a cup of machine coffee at the Lavazza coffee outlet, but I got a free cookie!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 15:59:23 PM »
Haven't bought anything from that airport in years, I go there prepared with drink and sandwiches if necessary, or the other way.  Prepared to get out of there quick!!

Is the old CBF Boycott Campaign of many years ago still in place, more in spirit perhaps than form??  If not perhaps we should restart it.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 16:21:18 PM »
It may be hard to believe, but this tight-fisted Scotsman paid 9tl for an Iced Tea and went completely overboard by buy one for the present Mrs H >:( >:( >:(

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 16:37:21 PM »
You want to sit down H.  Even the memory of such an event is bound to cause problems of both a medical or non medical kind. : :) : :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 18:14:05 PM »
Hell mend anyone who is silly enough to buy ANYTHING from Dalaman Airport outlets,  :o  or maybe those persons just have far too much money !! As long as people are prepared to pay those prices, they will NEVER go down !!  >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 18:18:27 PM »
How true, extortionate it may be, but always a steady stream of customers willing to pay.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 18:37:46 PM »
More than a steady stream i'd say as well. I can't believe how busy these places get. They are making a mint. We try to go and have a decent meal before the trip to the airport.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 20:33:15 PM »
Problem is...Lambs to the slaughter, because they seem to catch out all the first timers.
We use the CIP  lounge because we get it with our Bank Account, however no alcohol, but, salad and cold meat buffet, sandwiches, cakes, soft drinks and hot drinks.  Comfy seats WIFI and T.V. handy if you have a long wait.

Offline John64

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 08:35:23 AM »
Isn't this a problem at all airports?
Before we went to Turkey we had a coffee, a hot chocolat and 2 slices of cake at Starbucks Schiphol (Amsterdam). Set me back 19 euro and that's just a few kurus short of 55 TL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf