Author Topic: Manchester Airport Hotels?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Manchester Airport Hotels?
« on: August 08, 2014, 22:13:50 PM »
Hot on the heels for the Manchester Airport lounges - any recommendations for hotels (we have a very early flight)?

I'd prefer actually on airport (stroll to terminals) or away from the airport altogether. but not too much of a drive the next morning  If it's off airport somewhere with a high street or the like with a restaurant or two. Much rather have a local centre than stuck between the airport and nowhere.

Cheers!

Offline dycedon

Re: Manchester Airport Hotels?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:33:23 AM »
Keith, we stayed at the Radison Blue in Jan this year, right on the walkway, about 5 mins from check in, the eating place was very good, we phoned direct I think but would also have a look online, cheaper if booked well in advanced

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »
What about some of the Salford Quays hotels - Premier, Hol Inn Exp etc? 
Crown Plaza at the airport have parking and a shuttle.  Nice Hotel and good chinese restaurant on site (or it was when we stayed a couple of years ago)  but def not cheap for food/drink. 

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 13:51:07 PM »
Stayed at Bewley's many times, as have friends. Walkable to T1 / T3, but they do have a free transport bus too

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 13:54:08 PM »
Cheap as chips, premier inn heald green overnight, breakfast and evening dinner (2 courses) free parking £52.nice room, tea making and a confectionary machine for late night snacks.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 17:05:54 PM »
Also the Premier Inn at Parswood Didsbury. 10 mins walk to Didsbury Village which is awash with restaurants, or short taxi ride to west Didsbury, a whole area of in dependant eateries including one run by Simon Rimmer.
10 mins to airport by taxi at around 13 to 15 GBP

Offline buddy

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 20:12:37 PM »
I'll second the Radison Blu, walk out of the door on to the walkway between all three terminals. Nice restaurant and bar area. Not the cheapest but you can also book car parking with them, very handy.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 21:02:04 PM »
Cheap as chips, premier inn heald green overnight, breakfast and evening dinner (2 courses) free parking £52.nice room, tea making and a confectionary machine for late night snacks.

WOW that's some deal

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 22:19:30 PM »
Was great H, had all that luggage, I was on crutches and they were so helpful. The meal deal was an added bonus  the popped up online while I was booking. Lovely n clean, quiet rooms, a real bargain. Forgot to say and for 3£ got unlimited WiFi. The breakfast was unlimited if you ordered the full English one, you could start with the continental one.

Offline poppy50

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
Stayed at Brittania Country House a few times now £59. They offer airport transfers too, however, it is on the bus route to the airport.  So get the bus in for £1.60. Buses run regularly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf