Author Topic: Monarch or Thomas Cook  (Read 5086 times)

Offline madmart

Re: Monarch or Thomas Cook
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 20:45:34 PM »
We've flown Easyjet several times over the years and not had a problem.

Having said that we have booked with BA from Gatwick next year and will report back then about the difference.

BAs fares were very good at when they were first posted though like Easyjet as the flight fills up the fares go up.

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 21:35:08 PM »
Friends we were on holiday with were with Thomas Cook, (end August) flight cancelled ended up 18 hour delay, not much fun especially with children. Personally I wouldn't use the, even before this happened.

Offline KIP

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 08:21:44 AM »
I am nervous that I'm booked with Thomas Cook in November (nobody else flies Manchester to Dalaman at that time of year)  :(

Currently looking at flights for October 2015 - Jet2 booking is open and pretty good pricewise, Thomson is open and horrific pricewise, I am waiting for Monarch and Easyjet to go on sale.

I have flown with all four and my favourites are surprisingly Easyjet and Jet2. Monarch and Thomson can suffer from very elderly rolling stock if you're unlucky!!!

Offline davybill

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 09:42:13 AM »
I have been with Thomas Cook quite a few times but. For not  much leg room,have had no problem,
Been with monarch no problem, but better leg room,

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
Our last TC flight was a Boeing 767 (10 across), good leg room, arms retracted fully and no reclining seats - much better.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »
Some of my best (=cheapest) Dalaman flights have been going out with one and coming back with another. Don't forget to check that out as another possibility.

Offline KIP

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 16:45:28 PM »
Yes last year we came out Monarch and back Jet2 - Opodo.co.uk is good for pricing multi-airline returns

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
We did that last month out with Easyjet in with Monarch...only pro on return was we had a delay which fair enough that could happen who ever you fly with,but we think Monarch were doing the old combining two planes if they had two half full flights...
On the plus side we decided to give the C.I.P lounge a whirl as neither of us could face sitting on those hard benches at Dalaman....We loved the CIP lounge I have never been so full up and nottt thirsty on leaving Dalaman...I need to do some research on the credit card you can take out where you can get free airport lounges as I admit I am now hooked  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 20:16:33 PM »
Good old Monarch - our 08:30 flight this morning was delayed to 09:00 - not a problem but I did laugh when they emailed me at 10:37 to advise the flight time had changed - plonkers!

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 16:55:20 PM »
Came back 9th July with Monach...charter Onur Airbus.... Wait for it........ 4 passengers on the plane. There were more crew...even the captain waved to us. Easy check in at Dalamn and on arrival at East Midlands no rush for the bus to take us to arrivals...border control could not believe it.... Best flight ever...plenty of leg room and seat choice,but Roger is still in trouble as he made me book seats!!!!! He even asked for a window seat....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf