Author Topic: Missed out on flights  (Read 3674 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Missed out on flights
« on: September 07, 2014, 22:03:17 PM »
I have been looking at flights for October half term and found some good ones but thought I would leave booking till Monday.
My homeward bound flight was last night £121 each with Thomas cook. I looked today and they have sold out :-(
I have managed to book the TC flight with Opodo for £168 each but after booking got an email saying 'Thanks for booking we will confirm your request with TC and contact you back if/when the booking is confirmed'.
If this booking does not go through I am looking at £243 each (just the homeward bound flight).
So the message, if you see something half decent BOOK IT.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Missed out on flights
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 22:29:13 PM »
Have you tried Skyscanner or Monarchs sale.?      Good luck.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 22:30:49 PM »
Tried both thanks Kevin.
Hopefully the Opodo ones will come through tomorrow.

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
Yes Thomas cook was advertising flights, cheap to Birmingham,booked it and when I tried to  pay,
they said the flight was unavailable, booked through e/dreams in the end,

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:41:49 AM »
I was trying to book with Easyjet for next Spring, a few days ago, following a tip off on here, and the prices were increasing in front of my eyes!  My sister looked on her ipad via the Easyjet app. at the same time and she was getting a lower price.  Not sure what the moral is here, but we certainly seem to be being ripped off big time. >:(

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
Easyjet and other airlines maintain that they don't monitor your 'browsing' but I bet they do !!! (wouldn't you if it was your company   ;)  ???)

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:59:54 PM »
They all use 'cookies' on these websites & unless you disable them on a PC/android or delete your history on an apple/iPad they know you've visited before & what you've looked at! We were lucky got in to easyjet straight away & booked from Edinburgh (one way)for £48.99 for 31/03/2015 - I looked yesterday out of curiosity & it was £75!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 00:10:40 AM »
I haven't seen Easyjet using cookies to manipulate individual prices for a few years now. They used to be terrible for it - but in recent times deleting all EJ cookies hasn't changed the prices at all.

I had a similar situation as Bewva with TC where I was watching flight prices and at the weekend they jumped - what was strange was the 'weekend' prices were all round figures, £165.00, £195.00 - not the usual £159.99, £53.99 and the like. Then back to normal after the weekend. It was almost like they have a plan B for pricing when they do website maintenance at weekends.

Offline shandy

• Ashton-under-Lyne, UK
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »
I receive updates from Easyjet so was straight on the website last week looking to book May/June, the prices didn't change for 3 days, I use the iPad, Easyjet prices increase for every 10 bookings, so the more people that book the higher the price.  I can't book because for some reason known only to them they haven't released June flights, I can book with Skyscanner for £180 going with Easyjet, coming home with Thomas Cook but I don't really want to fly Thomas Cook x

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 08:42:14 AM »
They all use 'cookies' on these websites & unless you disable them on a PC/android or delete your history on an apple/iPad they know you've visited before & what you've looked at! We were lucky got in to easyjet straight away & booked from Edinburgh (one way)for £48.99 for 31/03/2015 - I looked yesterday out of curiosity & it was £75!

How do I delete browsing history from an Apple device please?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf