Author Topic: Security searches at dalaman  (Read 7191 times)

Offline susuz.1

Re: Security searches at dalaman
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 18:30:01 PM »
We too noticed the lack of observation at security at Dalaman.  I went to get my mobile phone out and was told to leave everything in the case! We had an Easyjet flight to Gatwick. We too were stopped at a table set aside to check Speedy Boarders before getting on the plane.  I was sent to one desk and my other half Paul to another.  Unfortunately, he was carrying my hand luggage as mine was much heavier as I'm the one who has the camera, phone, tablet, speakers, so very heavy!  The other case had keys, hats and light items that couldn't fit in the suitcase.  On opening my case I was swiftly sent on my way as there was nothing to check.  We had to get on a bus to the plane so I quickly boarded and looked back but Paul was still stuck at the desk. 

He eventually made it onto the bus just before it was leaving.  I had taken the precaution (as I usually do) of turning off all my equipment before boarding the plane.  Unfortunately, Paul didn't have a clue about switching any of this equipment on and neither did the person examining them  :o  He was eventually told to forget it and sent on his way.  You would have thought an announcement that they were doing this check could have been made and I would have left everything turned on!!

If this equipment is such a threat to our security, there are lots of loopholes in the current system of checking at Dalaman Airport!   :(

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
They were too busy rushing us through the first two security checks last night with the usual "hurry please" that they can't have checked properly.  Nothing asked to be switched on etc.  At the gate, they put a big sign up and a screened off area for additional security checks for UK flights.  Baggage and phones etc checked and many people searched.  If they did the first two checks properly there should be no need for a third!

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 14:02:59 PM »
Totally agree

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 14:23:03 PM »
I don't mind security searches but I do think they should search everyone on the plane rather than just a handful here and there.

One minute per search x 120 passengers = 2 hours

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf