Author Topic: One hour stop over in Istanbul  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
One hour stop over in Istanbul
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »
 This not strictly related to Turkey but kind of is and I need advice so hope that is ok...
My son is currently in Israel and is coming home (uk) in time for Christmas.. He has very limited budget and had found a flight at a good price and good times from Israel to Istanbul then on to Luton..
He is a little concerned that one hour is not long enough for the changing of planes, I told him that I am sure folk on here have done Dalaman to Istanbul with just one hour to spare before the connecting plane, is the one hour long enough as I simply must have my boy home for Christmas
Many thanks for any help...

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: One hour stop over in Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 13:08:49 PM »
As he's changing flights in the International Terminal I can't see that he's going to have a problem provided that he's flying both legs with the same airline. He won't be queing for passport formalities and his luggage will be taken off of the incoming flight and put onto the outgoing one by the ground agents.

It might be a bit tight if he's flying with 2 different airlines, but still worth trying for it.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 14:25:29 PM »
Thank you very much KKOB he has just messaged me and said both are with Pegasus...

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 15:23:47 PM »
Just tell him to double-check that, when he checks-in for the flight from Israel, his luggage gets labelled LTN, then it'll go straight through to Luton without him having to re-claim it at Istanbul.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 15:28:09 PM »
If you are flying Israel to London with the one company on a scheduled flight then they are liable for your transfer should it fail. Therefore they try hard to ensure it doesn't fail including holding the second flight for your boarding if you are only ten/fifteen minutes late. Happened to me on KLM flight Kristiansand (Norway)/Copenhagen/Heathrow flight and Air France Heathrow/Charles de Gaulle (Paris)/Lyon. Whether this works for Charter flights I don't know - but if your bag is already in the hold then waiting for you is quicker than digging out your bag and leaving on the ground (which is a legal requirement if you are not on board).

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 16:34:38 PM »
Thank you both so much the power of CBF again   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf