Author Topic: flying from Dalaman to Istanbul ?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline patch

flying from Dalaman to Istanbul ?
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:41:12 PM »
We are looking to fly from Dalaman to Istanbul later in the year , what is the check in time for an internal flight ? also we will be landing at  Sabiha Gökçen Airport , which is the best way to get to the Sultan Hamet district ,and approximately how much will it cost ?  as a taxi will be too expensive , we are staying near the Serkeci metro staion . Thanks

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: flying from Dalaman to Istanbul ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 13:01:10 PM »
Check in time 1 hour before the flight. I have only used the flight to connect in Istanbul, so cannot help further.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 13:08:33 PM »
I think I would take shuttle bus Airport to Taxim Square and then taxi from Taxim to hotel. But if you don't have too much luggage there is the option of the funicular down to Kabatas where you get a tram right into Sultanahmet Square (hard to miss with its two huge church/mosque and mosque).

http://www.sabihagokcen.aero/passengers-and-visitors/transport-and-parking/transportation/easy-access-to-sultanahmet

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 07:37:45 AM »
Taxis are surprisingly cheaper in Istanbul than Fethiye so may not be as expensive as you think...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
A taxis from Sabiha Gokcen to Sirkeci will cost between 90tl and 110tl depending on traffic and, if the bridge is busy, can take up to 1:30mins.

The Havataş is 14tl and drops in Taksim Square, same as taxis - with traffic it can be up to 1:30mins.  As Colwyn says, you can then either get a taxi direct to your hotel or metro to Kabataş then tram.

In my opinion, thats a lot of fannying around when you can jump in a taxi and go straight to your hotel for less than £25.

An alternative though, if you don't mind transferring, is to get the Havataş to Kadıköy (9tl) then get the ferry to Emininou.  Cross the road and 100m to your left is Sirkeci train station.  The ferry is 4tl per person, but if you buy an IstabulKart (the old Akbil) at the airport it works out at 2.5tl, or something like that.

JF

Offline patch

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 19:16:52 PM »
is it not easier to get a taxi from  Sabiha Gokcen to Kartal metro station , then metro to ayrilik cesmesi , then change to the marmaray line and go to sirkeci ? or is this not a good way to go ? thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf